Author Topic: Camping accessory reviews  (Read 175268 times)

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Camping accessory reviews
« Reply #360 on: September 12, 2010, 03:30:08 PM »
Hey, I don't remember if it was this threas, but way back someone was looking for a camping knife / fork / spoon set that "nested together.  I found one then, but always wanted one like my dad had when he was working for the Forest Service in 1937-1938. 

GOT IT! 

Bud-K catalog has them (Stainless steel these days) that have a knife, fork, spoon, and a camping combination tool with bottle opener, can opener, and the sleeve that holds it all together.  The spoon is big enough to cook with or eat with and the knife needs an edge, but it's really usable.

Take a look.  They're not expensive at all.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #361 on: September 12, 2010, 04:08:50 PM »
Hey, I don't remember if it was this threas, but way back someone was looking for a camping knife / fork / spoon set that "nested together.  I found one then, but always wanted one like my dad had when he was working for the Forest Service in 1937-1938. 

GOT IT! 

Bud-K catalog has them (Stainless steel these days) that have a knife, fork, spoon, and a camping combination tool with bottle opener, can opener, and the sleeve that holds it all together.  The spoon is big enough to cook with or eat with and the knife needs an edge, but it's really usable.

Does it come with a beer coosie???
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Icebox Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #362 on: September 12, 2010, 11:40:55 PM »

GOT IT! 

??? I've always wondered how you are supposed to hold your food with the fork and cut it with the knife?   :-\
Well.... see, if you take your time, you get a more harmonious outcome.

Advertising

« Reply #363 on: Today at 05:18:06 AM »

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #363 on: September 13, 2010, 12:58:57 AM »
Does it come with a beer coosie???

Does Ma know you're drinkin' beer, little brother?
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #364 on: September 13, 2010, 01:01:08 AM »
??? I've always wondered how you are supposed to hold your food with the fork and cut it with the knife?   :-\

They come apart to use them, but not when you don't want them to.  Very clever design, like the Japanese / Chinese type soup spoon.  Not like their stupid one tine wooden forks.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #365 on: September 13, 2010, 11:36:14 AM »
Forty, I buy a few things from Bud K. I bought two of those sets you described. I put a set in the glovebox of my 2 pickups. I think that I'll buy another set for my small gear bag.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #366 on: September 13, 2010, 03:12:01 PM »
I bought three sets, gave one to All Hat and kept two for "handiness".  Might try sharpening up those furschlugginer serrated blades one of these times.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #367 on: September 13, 2010, 08:57:30 PM »
Does Ma know you're drinkin' beer, little brother?

:o :o :o  Oops!  I meant Soda Pop Coosie!  8)
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #368 on: September 14, 2010, 12:38:24 AM »
:o :o :o  Oops!  I meant Soda Pop Coosie!  8)

And you can go to hell for lyin' just like for stealin' hubcaps.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #369 on: September 14, 2010, 10:29:32 PM »
And you can go to hell for lyin' just like for stealin' hubcaps.

Now, I already told you plenty of times before.  I Never stole your hubcaps!  It was only a coincidence that I just happened to find the money for Ma's birthday present in my sock drawer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com