Author Topic: In Remembrance of AnnieLee Independent - 9/12/1958 to 2/27/2006  (Read 147681 times)

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Re: In Remembrance of AnnieLee Independent - 9/12/1958 to 2/27/2006
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2007, 03:35:11 AM »
 YEP.............YOU ARE SURE MISSED
Mathew 5.9

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2007, 04:45:53 AM »
She made a match fun, and interesting!  :'(  Dang dust!
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Tricky Trina

• Top Active Citizen
  • First Lady of the Fire and Brimstone Posse
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2007, 06:48:39 AM »
A toast to an AMAZING lady who did it all, without fear and with a smile! 

Love Ya, Annie!
...and she rides into the SMOKEY sunset on her favorite, half-fast horse, Totally Clueless    Thanks Arcey, Tensleep, Wildcat Will and Querida Kate!!!

Advertising

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2007, 07:48:02 AM »
I think I have a little bit of jam left, will dig it out today.   :'(
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2007, 09:38:47 AM »
Yanno.......

It still holds.  Chyle left.  The boy was self-destructive.  Kindah knew it was comin'.  But it almost killed me.

Annie.  It's a year now.  I know she's moved on.  But I still can't believe it.

Miss 'em both.........................
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2007, 09:58:53 AM »
I sure miss her.  :'(
The following is part of an email I sent to some family and friends on 3/1/2006.

At 1:20 PM on Monday, a dear friend lost her fight with cancer. She was known in the Cowboy Action Shooting (CAS) community as Annie Lee. Her given name was Nancy Depoy. She was 47 years old. The following is an email I received from her on 12/19/2005. “(I have)  Metastatic pancreatic carcinoma that has spread to the liver, lungs, adrenal glands and lymph nodes. My appointment with the oncologist is on Jan 6th. Since it has metastised, it's inoperable. They are starting me on pain management. Dunno what else to say.”

I met her on a CAS board 3 years ago and conversed with her almost daily since. We talked on the phone many times about CAS and other things. We met her and her son, Charlie, face to face in February 2005 at the NCOWS Convention in Iowa. She sent jam and jelly that she made to us the last two Christmases. A couple months after Micah was born, we received a package from her. A blue afghan that she knitted and little soaps for the girls were in it. Carolee (my better-half) put the soaps in the girl’s dresser drawers to make them smell pretty.

I talked to her on the phone last week. I mostly talked, she listened. We talked for about a half hour. She sounded very tired. She asked me if she could go so she could lie down. That was the last time I spoke with her.

She was admitted to Mary Washington Hospital in Fredericksburg, VA on Thursday. On Friday night, I was informed that she had developed pneumonia. On Sunday night, I was told they didn’t think she was going to last very long. I decided that I would drive out on Monday to hopefully get there before she died. I didn’t know if she knew Jesus as her Saviour, so I wanted to share the plan of salvation with her. I talked to her sister on Monday morning before I left. She said that she was on oxygen and not taking in much, but her heart was beating faster to compensate for it. I left the house about 8:45 AM and drove to the gas station about 7 miles away. On the way to the gas station, an idea popped into my head that it might be good to have someone ride shotgun with me to help keep me awake. The first name that came to me was Jeff Bailey (Steel Horse Bailey), a CAS friend in Indy. He is on disability from the Army (Gulf War Syndrome), so he is not currently working. So, at the gas station, I called him to see if he wanted to do that and he said yes. So, off to Indy I went via Illinois. In the middle of Illinois, around 1 – 1:30 PM, I had the feeling I needed to place Annie Lee in the hands of Jesus and let go of her. After 9 hours on the road; in which I did a lot of praying, thinking, and listening to Christian radio; I arrived on the Bailey household. I called Carolee and she informed me that Annie Lee died around 1:30 PM. I was not sure what to do as I didn’t know what the funeral plans were going to be, so I sat down and chatted with Jeff. My friend, Delmonico, called a little while later and said that she was being cremated and the funeral service was going to be at Arlington National Cemetery in about 2 weeks. So, I decided to stay the night and head back home in the morning. We talked until after 1 AM. At 10 AM, I was on the road back home. I did a lot of praying, thinking, and listening to Christian radio; again. I got home at 6:45 PM.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Marshal harpoluke

• Black Sash Gunfighter Lord of the Dark Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Agapei Attack Sheep
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2007, 11:48:05 AM »
 :'(

Dust.
SASS 60019L
NRA Life
CASS
Muckraker
Straight Shooter
Army Veteran
GOFWG#269
LASOOS#35s,
Lookout fur da sheep, packs a 10ga.,
Ya loot, Ah Shoot,
Lord of the Dark Soot,
Prayer Posse,
GoofBall #12

Offline Old Top

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2007, 11:56:17 AM »
Hello the fire,

I lost a friend that I never met a year ago, and as many on this wire have said the sport is diminished by her passing.  I still wish that she was here to give me he!! when I needed it.  Rest in Peace Annie.

Old Top
I only shoot to support my reloading habit.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2007, 01:15:48 PM »
On the first page of this thread, I added some "memories" of AnnieLee. If you have more you want added, post them below or send me a PM.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2007, 01:26:46 PM »
Anne is the best friend I never met.  We were to hook up at a local shoot.  She and Lou Graham were gonna infect my wife with the CAS virus.  Life got in the way and that meet never happend.  There's always next summer.

There was no next summer. :'(

There's a hole in my heart the size of Annie Lee.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2007, 02:48:46 PM »
Anne is the best friend I never met.  We were to hook up at a local shoot.  She and Lou Graham were gonna infect my wife with the CAS virus.  Life got in the way and that meet never happend.  There's always next summer.

There was no next summer. :'(

There's a hole in my heart the size of Annie Lee.

So your wife never got infected with the CAS virus?  We need to fix that.  Please  have Lou, Driftwood Johnson, and Wild Bill work on her!  ;D

I emailed with Joyce today (Nancy's sister).  I encouraged her to stop by here to say HI! since AnnieLee's account still exists.  I hope she does.  I almost met up with her and her mom on Sunday since I was stuck in Ft. Lauderdale, FL (thanks to the weather here & jetBLUE).

SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Offline Ornery Orr

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2007, 07:54:57 PM »
As many of you might have noticed, I have'nt been visiting CAS City for quite some time now.  Something told me to come here tonight and take a look and something (or someone) lured me to this thread.  Has it really been a year?  I've got goosebumps and sadness all at the same time.  Thanks for saying hello Annie Lee.  We all still miss you very much.
I've read dozens of books about heroes and crooks and I've learned alot from both of their styles.

Offline Throckmorton

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2007, 08:04:38 PM »
I was not fortunate enough to have met her,but thru our chats she was a Friend.....and I'm sad I never met her.

Rest well my Friend

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2007, 08:05:45 PM »
I've no lumps on my head and a hole in my heart :'( I still miss Miz Lee................Buck 8) :'(
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2007, 08:36:02 PM »
 :'(  I miss her too...sooooo much.  So many times over the past year I've thought "I've gotta give Nancy a call about that one!" (and it's usually something ridiculous or extremely silly - her preferred correspondence).  None of it has felt real to me since the day she died, which explains why it seems like 'yesterday' to some, but 'forever' to me. 

I've sure been grateful to all the FOALI's (Friends Of Annie Lee Independent) out there.  In fact, my heart has been lifted from a puddle of ooze by you all.   You are truly an amazing bunch! 

I did forget her password, and tried to log in as myself but last year - of confused mind - I  transferred her user name to my email - probably so I could stay in touch and read the tributes.  Anyway, I couldn't get a new name and I feel like such a fraud writing under hers.  I wish I could do her honor by being as entertaining - but there's no one else in the world, I'd swear to that, like her.  God bless all of ya - and Thanks! :'(

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2007, 08:43:44 PM »
It's great to see you here!  Don't be a stranger.  I always love to see the chipmunk (that's what I called her avatar).... it reminds me of the laughs that we shared.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2007, 08:48:18 PM »
Thanks for stopping by Joyce.  It means a lot.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2007, 08:55:53 PM »
Please come back and see us more................Buck 8) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2007, 09:26:28 PM »
We all miss her terribly.
MG
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Big Hext

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2007, 09:29:41 PM »
One day, we'll all meet. 
We'll holler and hug and laugh.

Until that day, we'll just have to live with the ache.
God bless Annie Lee/Nancy and her family, which includes a good number of us here.

Thank you for being you.. Annie Lee!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com