Special Interests - Groups & Societies > 1860 Henry

Answer from Henry Rep Arms Corp

(1/7) > >>

Capt, Woodrow F. Call:
For some time ago, i send a request to Henry Rep Arms in US, about taking up the production of 1860 mod today or in the futures.

My question

I have been wondering about 1860 mod Henry, if you gone produce this wonderful old jewel again, or in the future
I have one 1860 Henry, it is made in Italy Uberti, but that is not the same as to have one how are made in States.

( Reply from Henry)
Thank you very much for your interest in Henry Repeating Arms.
While historically significant, the original Henry design does not meet our standards today for safety, reliability and smoothness of the action. :'( The Henry Big Boy has many of the same important features as the original design, such as brass receiver, octagon barrel and tubular feed design – all with a superior action. The original design was also made in an obsolete caliber .44 Rimfire.

Weeell.........I hope someday it will be possible to to find some adjustment to meet the safety, reliability...and more,.......... how now's ::)

%#&¤/#§¤......    ;)

BR
Capt W F. Call

Silver Creek Slim:
Interesting. Thanks for posting it.

Slim

Dakota Widowmaker:
Well, just having the option to get an integrated barrel/tube would be appreciated.

Advertising:

Driftwood Johnson:
What a load of BS!

Henry had no problem appropriating that name for their company, simply because it was in public domain, and making all kinds of outlandish statements in their advertising trying to associate themselves with the original Henry rifle and it's designer. And they go further by trying to compare that ugly thing they make to the original design, by referring to the least important, most superficial similarities of their rifle to the original. Brass receiver, octagon barrel, and tubular feed, indeed. Why don't they go all the way and claim that it has a lever, a hammer, and a trigger too? They seem to think they invented that too.

They could make the most mechanically perfect replica of the original toggle link Henry in the world and I would not buy one from them. Not until they employ a little honesty in their advertising.

Memphis Mortician:
That's a mighty sharp splinter you got under yer saddle there Johnson.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version