Author Topic: Coffee and Tea hotter than a June Bride  (Read 9511 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
Re: Coffee and Tea hotter than a June Bride
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2022, 04:51:13 PM »
Mercury hit 97 degrees, then a thunderstorm blew in from the east and temps dropped 20°
Currently 77° but the rain has gone around us so far.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4669
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2022, 06:39:10 PM »
Well, hit 87 here today, supposed to keep getting hotter the rest of the week and hit 101 Saturday! Call me a wimp if you wanna, but I ain't gonna be shootin' in that!
And Happy Father's Day to all of ya!
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2022, 05:03:02 AM »
Greetings all.

Nice and toasty here in the Dark Continent.  104 with a heat index of 125 :o we also had a mild thunderstorm around midnight, followed by a dust storm. Made life fun for about an hour.

Beyond that, the life of this deployed airman has been fairly quiet. Getting paid to read books all day. Could be worse.

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Advertising

« Reply #83 on: Today at 06:11:41 AM »

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2022, 07:21:24 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

Getting things collected for the Grand Muster. Probably leave tomorrow morning.

'Tis 69 and sunny. High of 92.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline DeaconKC

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2022, 11:28:03 AM »
Already 87 here, heading to 95 and humid. Gonna take it easy today and stay in the AC as much as possible.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2022, 06:02:02 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

Heading out 0630 - 7000.

'Tis 63 and partly sunny. "Hot and humid. Mostly sunny in the morning  then partly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the middle 90s. Southwest wind 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent. Heat indices to 105."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2022, 06:12:47 AM »
Have a safe trip, and good a muster watch that heat.

Guessers say, "no rain and just 88° today", I find it hard to believe.
Yesterday they said " 5% rain " and after the thunderstorm they said "80% rain", their enlightened hindsight was 100%.

Offline DeaconKC

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2022, 09:15:46 AM »
On my second [third?] cup this AM. 78 right now, heading for 96 with 80% humidity. Yuck! Gotta get out and pick up an Anniversary card for the Missus, will be 38 years Thursday. I am a blessed man, she is a sweetie. Y'all be good, Major, if'n you talk to Del, tell him hello!
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2022, 11:41:02 AM »
Will do...
Ours was in January 35 years... SHE's a KEEPER
I knew that at the outset, but it was hammered home when SHE took care of me when I had the covid and she was down with it as well...  :o   
Course SHE's 10 years younger but still WOW!

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2022, 01:43:23 PM »
Our 35th is coming up September 12th.  My keeper (in more ways than one ::) ::) ;D) is 5 months older than me.  It just took a 2000-mile-long distance final courtship to convince her. 

Right now, she’s getting packed up and making sure I have my plant care instructions set. Before she goes back to Milwaukee for her mother’s 96th birthday (by the way her mother was out yesterday cutting down trees in her backyard).  The wife will be gone for 6 weeks, so the cats and I get to party!!!! ::) ::) ::)
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2022, 04:27:41 AM »
Evening all. Or morning. Heck,  don’t even know what time it is here, much less there ::)

Another blustery day here. 102 and windy. Had another sandstorm, a little worse than the last.  We lost power yesterday at around 1:30am, and didn’t get it back until almost 8:30. Makes life interesting.

Mrs. TK and I hit 6 months on the 3rd. We’ve been together for almost 5 years though.

Y’all stay safe over there.

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2022, 06:02:24 AM »
Spoke to Del, he's still on track to get released on Friday afternoon.
He's looking forward to being back on CAS City and apricates the well wishes.

Jodi and I had been together 4 or 5 years before I went on location for "Alamo, the Price of Freedom".
During those 16 weeks absents (She in Miami, and I in Texas) the heart grows fonder. 

I have new student (Antropoligy major) intern joining me at the Museum today.
We will be working on WW 1 & WW 2 exhibits rehab, adding and representing the existing displays over the next few weeks.

Guessers were on point; it was rather present Temp wise yesterday @ 88 ° and they say today will be the same and no rain predicted.
Central Florida in JUNE  ???  I'll take it 

Offline DeaconKC

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2022, 09:24:57 AM »
Yo TK, glad to hear you are doing okay, still praying for you and your family while you're deployed. Roger, thanks for the update on Delmonico, and don't terrorize the Intern [unless they drink Starbucks!]. 82 here already, supposed to hit 96 today with only 75% humidity. Anyhoo, I'm gonna stay inside as much as possible and drink my coffee this AM.
Y'all have a good day.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2022, 12:23:10 PM »
So far a no show  :-\ 
It's been steady this morning but has quieted down since 1PM

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2022, 04:52:10 PM »
A  very good friends grandson is in need of help. I got this note from her.

"He just turned 18. He was born with half a heart. Has had 3 open heart surgeries. He was told about 2 weeks ago that he was going to need a pace maker, but he doesn't have the part of the chamber that you normally connect it to, so they were assembling a team in Birmingham to figure it out. Yesterday the heat got to him so they took him to the ER where they found he was in A fib and low Oxygen so they transferred him to Mobile.

He was airlifted to Birmingham this afternoon. Johnathon arrived safely to Birmingham.Doctor's called and requested to do a cardiac conversion ASAP, they are going to incubate him."

Update From my friend...

Johnathon is in Room 830 at The Children's Hospital of Birmingham 1600 5th Avenue South Birmingham, Al 35242. Drs are attempting to keep his oxygen saturation level. This weekend the plan is to keep him resting since the cardioversion to bring him out of A fib. On Monday, they will determine if he is strong enough for the open heart surgery that week to install a pacemaker. If successful, he will need to stay another week or so. Best case scenario. Please get the word out to anyone who believes in the power of prayer and healing. Thank you.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline DeaconKC

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2022, 10:28:26 PM »
Thanks for the update, continuing prayers here.
Well today was the Missus and my 38th Anniversary. God blessed me with a wonderful lady and I know it every day. Had a nice lunch after sleeping in, then was door security at our church for our Spanish Ministry tonight.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2022, 05:08:44 AM »
I offer my prayers & best wishes....

I was thinking...We all send Picture Post Cards to him from all of our locations,
so, he knows we are all thinking of him and wishing him well.

Johnathon- Room 830
  The Children's Hospital of Birmingham
   1600 5th Avenue
    South Birmingham, Al 35242.

Offline DeaconKC

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2022, 12:07:36 PM »
Will do! Will get the postcard today or tomorrow. 89 here today on it's way to 100, tomorrow 105! Yikes! No coffee today for this old sheepdog. And got a new Opentop arriving tomorrow! Can't wait.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2022, 03:39:17 AM »
OK, escaped about 12:30pm, the care they gave me was awesome, all the caregivers have been telling me goodbye for the last two days. they said I was one of the best patients they have had in a long time.  I guess it just shows if you are nice to people they are more likely  are nice to you.   

If my typing looks more like some HS kids text It will get better, you should see some of the stuff 30 days ago.  Of course I'm not on as many drugs as I was and a real keyboard is easier to work with, was going to have the kids bring my desktop out and then decided not to, A lot of the problems were more than a tiny key board. 

Anyway we went and got my meds or rather the additional ones, which is temp and is a pain killer, new on to me, only been on the market since 2015, save that till tomorrow, but lets say for me it worked works better than The Codeine/Tylenol ones with more advantages and almost as good an morphine.  Buprenorphine is the name if you want to look it up.  They sent me some home.   

Any way back to what happened, on Saturday the 6th of May I didn't feel real hot, Rita went of craft thing ar church and me and brown dog slept most the the day, Fever went 102.5.  temp was dowm Sunday and went an seen mom on the 7th,felt worse again on Sunday and about 10pm I hurt so bad I could hardly walk, and Rita took me to the OR, I knew they would do little but that's fine because I was in a lot of pain and used my cane to hobble in.  Quick x-ray of the hip area  showed nothin was broke or misplaced, called my GP the next day, got an appointment for the early afternoon, no big deal as I had enough happy pills to make it, although I upped the dosage to max recommended having dealt with both before. Didn't do much that day and about 2 pm I was out talking to Rita and I sat on the couch, maybe a half hour.  Got ready to go back and lay down and I could not get up, using my cane and Rita I could not get up, called my GP and they said if it was that bad call 911 and he told me to go to another hospital, He's CHI so went to that one and he called to see if a certain neurologist was still on duty, cool a heads up before, Ambulance  cuts out waiting time any way, nerve DR was not on duty so they gave me more muscle relaxers and told me to go see the GP next day as planned.

Anyway next morning when I awoke I could not move my legs, just wiggle my toes so I decided my spinal cord was at least mostly in tact. ::)  Rita sent the dog outside and called 911, told the Rita would be at the front door and dog was outside.  4 showed up and they had a weird looking chair kinda like and office chair with seat belts and all 4 picked me up and put me on it, go me down they stairs and on to a gurney that had a tarp with handles.  Oh Rita asked if I was going back the St E I told her no, Bryan East again, my normal one, she said OK, then I told her I couldn't go back there because I had peed all over the floor.  (another story for later  ::))

Anyway the got me in there and was in pain as bad as the bypass, so since thy had an I"V already and  and blood drawn and the fever again they gave me several shots in the I"V, morphine, that above med, toradol and a muscle relaxer because  they had found out I had bad swelling in the back muscles on that side, they ten told me they were going to give me a shot of prednisone to help that, I mentioned the diabetes and they said not to worry, they had plenty of insulin and cold get more. ;D  Any way they drew lots of blood, and sent me upstairs and they kept asking if a was still in bad pain, then shot m up some more. Had a staph infection in my blood, and in my lower spine which swelled the muscles  and they were pushing hard in the siliac nerve and was pinching it off.  They also told me there was a slight chance I would never be able to walk again,  Anyway for several days I was kinda in a haze, don't remember a lot of it and what I remember not sure all of it was real.   

The whole time I could only wiggle my toes and by the 16th I was able using 2 nurse and a walker I waked 5 or 6 steps to the bathroom before that thy took me in a shower chair you could poop out of.   

The 17th of May they took me a half mile up the road to Tabatha a rehab place,  we started doing rehab and drugs but less of them, and after a few days we didn't have to do insulin.  They changed some meds just before this and they added one one and dropped 2, this pill works for diabetes and helps the heart heal.  Glucose as been smack on for at least two weeks and I got things like cheese cake and stuff on my tray and no extra insulin.  Walking got better, but I also worked my butt off doing it. 

Also had to have speech therapy, the tests showed no stroke but some bad speech problems as Slim and Major 2 found out, did work on that, part of that also to determine if my problems with memory was long term, short term or both. Was only short term, they asked about hobbies, showed the pictures on the phone so they started asking question questions about that and they discovered my long term was exceptional it was just the short term and it's getting better.   After a while the dropped it to only one person person had to be with me. made bathroom trips easier, 3 people was bit crowded.  Then I could walk around the room with out help, then dropped it all together just one holding my leash and then I could wander the halls by my self, then get to go home today, the 24th of June.

Got 10 pound lifting restriction for now .  Got appointments coming up, project tomorrow is to get the E-mail password fixed so I can find out when they are, didn't write them down because they E-mail that stuff. 

We are sure I have a fairly bad Hiatal hernia going on, got appointment July 1 coming to do the scope from the other end from one I did in March. 

Food was decent, not exactly 4 star dining but better than window food in a sack, Middle range, think Grocery store cafeteria type.  Yes had a student  nurse take me for a wheel chair walk around the campus we saw Sysco the truck delivering. 

Most of their product is decent heat and eat stuff

Gonna stop for now, took me over 2 hours to do this, fingers don't always do what the brain tells them to. 

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2022, 06:44:18 AM »
WELCOME HOME, DEL :D

Heading to the Museum, just normal Saturday, heat could/should bring a crowd, (heat index 100+)
but I'm thinking it will be a slow day.  :-\
It's been hit and miss, Wednesday (hump day) I was quite busy, but my counterpart/curator said Thur. & Fri. were slow including the Thursday pre-scheduled Eagle Scout Unit tour no showed.
Apparently, their transportation expired due to the heat.  :-\

I did manage to dress & equip out a pair of WW2 German uniformed mannequins.
And drew up the plans for an all-new WW1 exhibit area, which will include a trench experience walk through.

Any who, you all stay hydrated and in a cool zone, and wishing the pards at the Muster good weather. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com