Special Interests - Groups & Societies > STORM

Italian date stamps Year of Manufacture

<< < (3/4) > >>

Major 2:

--- Quote from: Drydock on May 20, 2021, 03:45:22 AM ---Interesting.  I have a Pietta Navy with a "CZ" box marking.  A mid year change?

--- End quote ---

Unknown ...I have nothing newer than [CP] 2016 on a Uberti BP frame SAA.
Could be they ended with C Z  and will use  21- etc. rather than starting a DA - etc. 
A quick search did not show the change from previous codes.

PlowboysGhost , would you please post a photo of the [20] date code and maker(s) ?

Drydock:
I have a 2019 Uberti pocket navy with a box "CU", 2 Old Silver Dances with box "CU" ,an 2018 1851 RM Conversion with a box "CT" then the Pietta with a box "CZ"  Last month I picked up a Uberti 2nd Dragoon with a boxed "21".

Another observation: sometime in the past few years Pietta has started putting dates on the underside of the barrels.  These 4 number dates do not appear to always coincide with the proofing date.  My 2 Dance "CU" revolvers have "2019" beneath the barrel, yet my "CZ" 1851 has a barrel date of "2018"!  I suspect these are the production years of the barrels themselves, with the proof date reflecting final assembly and proof. 

Drydock:
Went and looked at my other Italians, and noted an oddity:  I've got a 3rd Model Russian, chambered in .44 Russian, with no proof date.  It has the CIP and N stamps, but no date code anywhere on it.

PlowboysGhost:

--- Quote from: Major 2 on May 20, 2021, 06:00:43 AM ---

PlowboysGhost , would you please post a photo of the [20] date code and maker(s) ?

--- End quote ---
  (Just saw the request.)
 The first is my Cimarron (Pietta) El Malo II in .45 Colt.

The second is my 2020 Cimarron (Uberti) 7th Cav. model (.45 Colt) is marked "CZ".

The last is my Cimarron (Uberti) 1873 U.S. Marshal/ Indian Territory carbine in .45 Colt.

Major 2:

--- Quote from: Drydock on May 23, 2021, 05:03:58 PM ---Went and looked at my other Italians, and noted an oddity:  I've got a 3rd Model Russian, chambered in .44 Russian, with no proof date.  It has the CIP and N stamps, but no date code anywhere on it.

--- End quote ---

Probably in an inconspicuous location, may be under the grips or inside the frame

Plowboys Ghost ...thank you sir

Advertisers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version