CAS TOPICS > Gun Reviews

Frontier .357 magnum

<< < (2/7) > >>

Coffinmaker:

:)  PLUS ONE for Abilene!!  ;)

Other than the Great Western II, Pietta can get spotty.  The fit of the Bolt Head to the Cylinder notches is ALWAYS suspect.  With Pietta Cap Guns, it's not if the Bolt doesn't fit, I KNOW it doesn't fit.  First thing to check on your Frontier is the fit of the bolt to cylinder notches then go from there.

Let's Play Safe Out There

DeaconKC:
If you bought it new, contact Cimarron and have them fix it under warranty.

Froogal:
I may have discovered the problem. Even though the base pin seemed to be securely locked in place, it may not have been all the way in. The base pins on those Piettas leaves a bit to be desired.

Advertising:

Abilene:

--- Quote from: Froogal on September 20, 2022, 03:32:36 PM ---I may have discovered the problem. Even though the base pin seemed to be securely locked in place, it may not have been all the way in. The base pins on those Piettas leaves a bit to be desired.

--- End quote ---

That would be great if that fixed it.  Keep us informed. 

Yes, the Pietta base pin is crappy.  First (and only) thing I did to my Frontier was slap an Uberti base pin in it!

Froogal:

--- Quote from: Abilene on September 20, 2022, 10:33:44 PM ---That would be great if that fixed it.  Keep us informed. 

Yes, the Pietta base pin is crappy.  First (and only) thing I did to my Frontier was slap an Uberti base pin in it!

--- End quote ---

Never thought of using a Uberti base pin. I'll do some experimenting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version