Cas City > CAS City Classifieds

New scammer

(1/2) > >>

Sgt. Quincannon:
Hello to All,
I believe I am a target for a scammer. I just was contacted by someone giving me a heads up on an item I want to buy.  Someone apparently has one for sale here in the classified, and it is still available. I Checked and found no such ad. Contacted the seller offering to pay via bank check, but seller prefers Venmo or PayPal. I am not going to accept the offer,- looks like a scam. If I am wrong, I invite the seller to contact me and I will apologize here. Thanks for your time, everyone.

Coal Creek Griff:
Well this may or may not be a scam, that is a classic pattern for scammers. Thanks for the heads up!

Griff

LongWalker:
I got one too.  FWIW, every time I've gotten a PM from a "registered visitor", it has been a scammer. 

Abilene:
Gee, I'm almost thinking I want to post a "Want" ad for something outrageous, just to see if any scammers crawl out of the woodwork!

wildman1:

--- Quote from: Abilene on June 23, 2022, 08:47:39 PM ---Gee, I'm almost thinking I want to post a "Want" ad for something outrageous, just to see if any scammers crawl out of the woodwork!

--- End quote ---
Hey Abilene I got a couple of those "outrageous" for sale, ya buy them both and free shippin.
wM1

Advertisers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version