Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Cas City Historical Society

GOEX sold

(1/2) > >>

Kent Shootwell:
It’s official, it’s a deal.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/estes-energetics-to-extend-the-goex-black-powder-production-legacy-301470912.html?fbclid=IwAR05ClbSZgkaoUD51hZI6zDMpnwS2UOs0mu3zw3VG3yTPWSwPoXg1og3mEg

Coffinmaker:

AGNESS!!  There's gonna be fireworks fer da Fourth after all!!

Play Safe Out There

Ranch 13:
I'm thinking it was about as much a matter of survival as anything else for Estes. They used Goex powders in their rocket motors.
 Glad to see them say they plan to continue the Goex and Olde Eynsford, just a shame that Hogdon saw fit to let the investment Goex had made in the KIK plant go down the tubes.

Advertising:

Cliff Fendley:

--- Quote from: Ranch 13 on February 02, 2022, 08:36:04 AM ---I'm thinking it was about as much a matter of survival as anything else for Estes. They used Goex powders in their rocket motors.
 Glad to see them say they plan to continue the Goex and Olde Eynsford, just a shame that Hogdon saw fit to let the investment Goex had made in the KIK plant go down the tubes.

--- End quote ---

I hope they continue the whole line. They haven't came out and specifically said so. All that really says is they plan to continue production of black powder.

Ditto on the KIK. That was some really good powder and best bang for the buck, literally.

Like a lot of people I'm not happy with the whole Hodgdon thing as a whole, they are buying up everything powder related and having all our eggs in one basket is bad for the shooting sports in general. I'm hoping this sale of Goex to someone more dedicated to the black powder market will be good for the black powder shooting sports as well as Estes themselves and their rocketry products.

Ranch 13:
 One of the Estes things I read, said they used both Goex and Olde Eynsford in their rocket engines, and that they fully expected to continue right on. Heck who knows if they got all the recipes that had amassed over the years, they might even bring out something new that is better... Time will tell.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version