Regional Topics > Chinook Country

Dominion Day

(1/3) > >>

Sir Charles deMouton-Black:
Greetings to all our Canuck Pards and their friends.

Gabriel Law:
Back at cha, Sir Charles.  I spent the day sighting in a new Hawken rifle, and tested some loads in my '76 Winchester.

Incidentally, I tried 13 gr. Herco with a 300 gr. BACo bullet, lubed with SPG.  I added a 1/2" plug of closed cell foam to keep the powder on the primer, and got good ignition and decent accuracy at 59 yds.

--- Quote from: Gabriel Law on July 02, 2014, 10:31:24 PM ---Back at cha, Sir Charles.  I spent the day sighting in a new Hawken rifle, and tested some loads in my '76 Winchester.

Incidentally, I tried 13 gr. Herco with a 300 gr. BACo bullet, lubed with SPG.  I added a 1/2" plug of closed cell foam to keep the powder on the primer, and got good ignition and decent accuracy at 59 yds.

--- End quote ---

I'm glad it worked out for you. 8)

Advertising:

Well its Dominion Day again! This time it is in the middle of the week, but at least it is a day off. Hey! I'm retired sort - of, I can choose  my days off. (However- I am on an "on-Call list and got a call at 3 pm yesterday requiring follow-up tomorrow as well.)  For those Muricans to the South, their Great Day falls on a regular Saturday.

After the Day is Done, let us know what you got up to. Me, I'll likely go out to my drought stricken garden.

Here is an article about the changeover from Dominion Day to Canada Day. I was serving in the "First Horse" (1 RCHA) in Germany in the late '60s. Most Non-Canadians, poor souls, didn't understand our terminology, so we announced to everyone that it was CANADA DAY. Later on, the rest of the country followed!

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/07/01/dominion-day-enthusiasts-pine-for-the-past.html

P.S: It was "Dominion Day" during the ENTIRE time period that this forum commemorates.

PJ Hardtack:
Yeah, happy B'day to us! 148 years of 'modern history'. That's what the Germans told us we had at the time of our Centennial.
Along with "Du hast keine kiulture."

I said - "Yup - but we have flush toilets and central heating in our homes and we didn't destroy 6 million people between 1939-45 in concentration camps." That usually terminated the conversation.

I just hope we still have legal access to our guns on the occasion of our 150th.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version