Special Interests - Groups & Societies > The Old Fashioned Way

An Idea

<< < (2/3) > >>

Delmonico:
Ain't technolagy wonderful, (if used right) I like that, it sounds better than I had thought up, guess that's why yer the boss. ;D

St. George:
For some reason - I thought that this was covered in the Historical Society Forum.

Guess not.

But in reality - it's covered there, on the GAF forum and in other places as well - if someone would merely do the reading necessary to answer the burning questions in their mind, to see if they'd been asked and answered before.

Adding additional forums can clutter 'some' information spread.

Between both TFS and CAS City - NCOWS is very slowly leaning toward some much-needed double-postings so as to reach both audiences.

Giving them more options will just amount to more un-needed splitting, information not being shared and forums not being read as they decide that 'they don't have the time' to actually look something up - or that they're 'dismayed' at the 'number' of choices available and freeze up.

Now - if this proposed 'new' idea deals with the 'how' of making something the old-fashioned way - and the 'where' to buy something modern-made from a vendor - as opposed to dealing with 'original' accouterments - then that's different.

By all means - both Annie Lee and Delmonico would make great Moderators.
They're knowledgeable and articulate - and - they're both enthusiastic in their love of the Frontier West.

Vaya,

Scouts out!

Badlands Walker:
I hate the idea!  It's Monday & I'm busy... so let's get on with it! >:(

Hey, seems I heard that somewhere before! ;) 8)

Advertising:

Marshal Halloway:

--- Quote ---Adding additional forums can clutter 'some' information spread.
--- End quote ---

What we do here to avoid the clutter is to establish child board within main boards. This way, we stay within topic, but can establish special interest sections where other moderators with good knowledge can keep it alive and at the same time, keeping the main board alive.

I will move this topic to the new child board of Cas City Historical Society.

Standpat Steve:
I'm sure that I would find this section of the forum interesting, and will add it to the parts of CAS City that I monitor. Thanks for suggesting it, Delmonico . . . 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version