Author Topic: USFA Pre War  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 93
A man's true measure is found not in what he says but in what he does.

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 901
Re: USFA Pre War
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 11:35:55 AM »
Lou, the prices for USFA single actions in general and particularly for the higher end, less encountered models have gone bat guano crazy.  I have a Pre War USFA with all US sourced parts and the less encountered black powder frame.  I paid hundreds of dollars less than half of what that seller is asking.  At the time (2-3 years ago) I thought I was a bit crazy for spending $2K on a revolver but in retrospect it was a good deal.

I would like to have a USFA 44 WCF but they are as rare as hen's teeth with gold fillings.  Unless I stumble across a miracle deal I'm never going to buy a USFA single action again.  Just too much money these days.

Dave

Offline Graveyard Jack

• Top Active Citizen
  • aka CraigC
    • Graveyard Jack's Custom Sixgun Leather
  • SASS #: 81,827
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 88
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2022, 12:40:40 PM »
That's a nice one and I agree, the price is nuts.

I have to take such an issue with something said in the listing. This dumb idea that factory test firing somehow affects the "unfired" status of a firearm. "Unfired" means it's never been fired since leaving the factory. What happened before that is irrelevant.

Colt even test fires new SAA's before the cylinder is finished.
SASS #81,827

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:37:24 PM »

Offline Pangaea

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 09:44:44 AM »
Dave, are you looking for a particular 44 gun (model)?  I have quite a few of them.  Let me know if you would be interested.  Most would be in the 2500.00 dollar range.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com