Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Cosie's Corner & Feed Bag

Buffalo Tongue

<< < (3/4) > >>

Delmonico:

--- Quote from: Mogorilla on November 01, 2022, 02:33:42 PM ---I am a huge fan of tongue.    Search on this board, and I have a prep of tongue, down to lingua tacos.    Wooly Dan and i cooked 2 bison tongues at GAF Muster in 2021.   We did them all on top of the hill in Nebraska.   We braised them in a dutch oven for ~2.5 hours, peeled them as soon as they were cool enough, sliced them thin, put them on biscuits with mustard and horseradish.    Several of the other participants gave it a try.   Did the same fall of 2021 at the KVC buffalo shoot in Lebo Kansas.   Both times it was 2 tongues and there were no left overs.

--- End quote ---

Dang, nobody told me that, now I am really sorry I missed it, it is looking good for this year, to long a story to tell, save it for a campfire. ;D  Best of all though, I got the sciatic nerve compression fixed, 40 years of pain gone, out patient, one small hole, home by noon including stopping for meds and doughnuts on the way home. 

Delmonico:

--- Quote from: 1961MJS on November 05, 2022, 02:17:11 PM ---Hi
Say 5 years ago, a bunch of us went to a "wonderful" Yuppy taco place in Downtown OKC.  It was Taco Tuesday.  I ordered a pork taco, a beef taco, a Carne asada taco, and an Lingua taco.  The lingua taco was the only one that was worth eating, the others were dry.  Dry as in Cereal no milk dry. I never touched Tongue until then. 
Later

--- End quote ---

Stay away from Yuppie places, if there are more Priuses than pickups drive on, cool 64 Impalas are bonus points. ;)

Mogorilla:
Great news on the pain and health.   (and dang it, now I want a doughnut!)     

I grew up eating tongue.   We raised a vast majority of what we ate and used it all but the moo and squeal.   We ate a lot of them in college.  Bought them at an Amish market.   At $0.50, they were great.    Took some convincing of my roommates, but after they ate it, they were hooked.   One emailed me a year ago to complain how pricey they were.   

Advertising:

Coffinmaker:

Oh YECH!!  That stuff is horrid.  Phtooey!!  Some NASTY

Mogorilla:
Coffinmaker, more for me then.   (-:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version