Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Uberti, Pietta and other SAA Clones

4 click/3 click

<< < (4/4)

DeaconKC:

--- Quote from: LongWalker on October 11, 2022, 01:28:33 PM ---Thanks for the help guys!  Had a chance to do some side-by-side comparisons at the gun show last weekend.  Pretty sure I can recognize the trigger position differences Abilene was talking about.  A couple of my sample guns had the cylinder pin modified/replaced, but that will be something else to watch for.

Between Taylors and Cimarrons, there were close to 30 repro SAAs at the show, along with a couple of original Colts.  I took my 32-20 Cimarron as trade bait but didn't even take it out of the case.  Judging by the numbers I saw, I may give up on finding a 44 Special and just go with a 45 Colt. 

But that's on hold, as all my fun money is gone.  There's a monkey on my back who wollops me upside the head every time he sees a fixed-sight Nframe Smith.  This time he knocked me out, stole my money, and left me with a Model 58. 

Yep, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.  The search will resume when I've accumulated some more funds.

--- End quote ---

Don't torment me like that! Pics of the S&W!!!!!

Crossdrawnj:
This is a very informative thread.  I just picked up a USV model 45 LC.  It has a serial number with a "P" prefix. The barrel ID says its a Uberti. The one feature of this gun that impresses me is the stocks are more walnut shade than the typical reddish lacquered finish these guns are known for (I have three other Cimarron's with this feature). Haven't shot it yet but soon.

I am looking for a source to replace the cylinder base pin. I want to get rid of the long two step pin. Belt Mountain used to offer these for Italian guns but I cant get in touch with them. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Abilene:

--- Quote from: Crossdrawnj on October 20, 2022, 11:30:12 AM ---... I am looking for a source to replace the cylinder base pin. I want to get rid of the long two step pin. Belt Mountain used to offer these for Italian guns but I cant get in touch with them. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--- End quote ---
VTI, Cimarron, Taylors.  The current Uberti base pin for the 3-click guns is the proper one-position base pin.  Or cut off about 3/16" off the back of your two-position pin and smooth it up.

Advertising:

Johnson Barr:
Hey Deacon, how 'bout a period large frame S&W Frontier. Pic enclosed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version