Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Uberti, Pietta and other SAA Clones

SAA Old Model or Pre-War ?? What to do ...

<< < (2/6) > >>

Jake C:

--- Quote from: hatman on March 06, 2018, 11:42:28 AM ---FYI - I just got off the phone with Longhunters.  I was wanting to buy an Old Model and was told that Cimarron just informed them at all new Old Model/BP frame guns now have the new firing pins.  :(

--- End quote ---

That's a genuine shame. At least my wife'll be happy; this puts the end to my plans to buy a few more BP Frame repros.

LonesomePigeon:
That's a bummer if the Old Models have the retractable firing pin. You'd think anyone wanting an Old Model(key word being "old") with the screw in cylinder pin retainer would be willing to load 5 and put the hammer on an empty chamber. I can at least sort of understand the crosspin framed Model P having a retractable firing pin since the crosspin might be more likely to fail a drop test if the crosspin breaks.

Major 2:
I have 3 - 2 BP frame  3 1/2 "  &  a 7 1/2"    and one Cross Pin. without retractable firing pins

I don't think I'll be ever in any market for a retractable firing pin model.  Might,  at some future juncture run across one without retractable firing pin, if'n' the price is right or the fancy suits me it might come home.

But I highly doubt, any New Uberti retractable firing pin model is in my future, nor would I knowingly buy one.

I don't think they ( like Transfer bars , tang safeties or two notch base pins )  are a particularly bad idea, they are just not for my liking.
I change or shorten my Base pins....don't own any Tang Safety or transfer bar models of any make.

From a bean counter &/or liability stand point, I'm glad Uberti/Beretta  is willing to continue to do the R&D and continue to support the Product line in safety ..... just not for me.   
I suspect Pietta will not be far behind....  and get ahead of any possible liability question in this day and age ....

my 2 cents .... and worth just that  ;)

Advertising:

Jake C:

--- Quote from: Major 2 on March 07, 2018, 04:42:20 AM ---I don't think they ( like Transfer bars , tang safeties or two notch base pins )  are a particularly bad idea, they are just not for my liking.

--- End quote ---

Exactly my thoughts. Just not for me.

I emailed Cimarron yesterday, and they confirmed that the Model P 'Old Models' will be made with retractable firing pins. The change over should be done by the middle of this year. So if you want one without the new firing pin then now is the time to get it.

Cholla Hill Tirador:
[quote author=Major 2 link=topic=60732.msg723413#msg723413 date=1520419340p
I don't think they ( like Transfer bars , tang safeties or two notch base pins )  are a particularly bad idea, they are just not for my liking.
I change or shorten my Base pins....don't own any Tang Safety or transfer bar models of any make.

From a bean counter &/or liability stand point, I'm glad Uberti/Beretta  is willing to continue to do the R&D and continue to support the Product line in safety ..... just not for me.   
I suspect Pietta will not be far behind....  and get ahead of any possible liability question in this day and age ....

my 2 cents .... and worth just that  ;)

[/quote]

I think all the safety devices are a terrible idea. We're reaching a point in our litigious society where devices are being designed to remove human error and negligence which in turn lessens, and in some cases eliminates our need to take safety as a personal responsibility.

CHT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version