GENERAL TOPICS > The Shootin' Range

close one eye when.......

(1/3) > >>

Kaboom Andy:
you are shooting?

I'm asking it coz I saw a video of Holy Terror and it's clear that she close one eye to aim at the target..............are you doing the same?
It's better both eyes open for peripheral vision or close one to see the front sight better?

It's a big question..............................

TY for suggestions

Wrangler Rich:
I keep both eyes open for shotgun all the time.  Most of the time with the rifle, both  eyes are open, on the occasional longer shot or smaller target, I'll close an eye.  With my pistols, I've found that I get better hits if I close an eye, because I shoot gunfighter, sometimes I'll get the wrong eye on a pistol.

You'll find that an advantage to keeping both eyes open will be less eye strain along with better peripherial vision. 

;) ;D

Gen Lew Wallace:
I keep both open because it's just not that far to the target.  The only time I use one eye is when I shoot the Sharps downrange.   :D

Advertising:

Doc Shapiro:
I close 1 eye.  I've tried and tried and tried to learn to shoot with both eyes open.  For whatever reason, my physiology doesn't allow it.

The only time I can shoot with both eyes open is if I'm shooting a gun with an electronic red dot sight.

Doc

Kaboom Andy:
It's a big debate, when I'm shooting I'm sure I can aim and see the front sight clear (with both eyes open) but when I'm trying to do it at home for practice I can't!!!!!! or.............unconsciously I close one eye.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version