GENERAL TOPICS > The Shootin' Range

Definitely NOT a cowboy gun ...

<< < (2/3) > >>

Walt OReagun:
Soooooo ... I probably wouldn't want one for carry.

Delmonico:
An expensive toy with very limited usefulness.  To small to be a real rifle, to big to be a real pistol.  Kinda of a cross between the two takin' on most of the faults of each and none of the usefullness.

Course you know what ya call the cross like that between a rifle and a handgun?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
A handful. ;D   There might be some sort of game someone has thought up that uses one of these, don't know that. ???

Mustang Gregg:
I have & still carry (at certain times) a Colt XM-177 select fire in 5.56mm.  It is terrible load.  :P When I practice with it, I use plus AND good muffs. :P

Mods:
(1)  I installed a home-built compensator (Cutts-type) that makes it even louder, but absolutely STOPS any climb. 
The sound & concussion to the operator is hard to describe when on full-auto. 
It has a resoundin' pulse that actually shakes the windows of a neighbor 1/2 mile away. ;D

(2)  It used to be terrible fast cyclin'.  It was like a MAC-10.  You could not tap off less'n 3 or 4 shots on auto mode.
I also messed with buffer spring tension & bolt carrier weight & gas port size.  It now shoots around 800 RPM.  Much more manageable. ;)

I understand the one you depicted above has been designed to shoot slower on auto.

Have fun!!!
MG (which might also stand for Machine Gun) ;D

Advertising:

Pat Riot:
I shot one of those a few years ago. The darn thing nearly gave me a nose bleed from the concussion and my 29db noise reducing earplugs didn't work all that well while shootin' it. I wouldn't shoot one again.

Mustang Gregg:
Heya Walt:

I was a-lookin' through my kit bag (low & behold), there was my li'l XM-177 jus' sayin', "Take me out & play!!!" 
So I did.  I got the urge to go out & blast 2 magazines full (50% tracer) through my Colt companion.  What a rush.  I reckon the locals got woke up a might early here. :o  It was 'round 05:00 or so. 

Tracers are beautiful jus' afore sun up.  As long as they are out-goin'. :o

You gotta get one of these or somethin' close!! 
BTW:  I have been sellin' mostly Bushmasters over them Armalites, Rock Rivers & Colts here lately.  They are good weapons!!!

MG

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version