Special Interests - Groups & Societies > BROW

#1 Remington Sporting rifle - .44-77

<< < (2/18) > >>

Dave T:
ndnchf,

That barrel chop and crown look to be very well done. That eases the disappointment a bit. (smile)

Dave

ndnchf:
Yes, I agree. I'd love to have had a 30" barrel on it. But i'll be shooting no further than 200 yards. Its not for competition. Really its just the coolness factor of what it is. Bringing it back to life will be an honor and joy  :)

dusty texian:
That is a Dandy , going to be fun watching you bring that one back to life . ,,,DT

Advertising:

Yellowhouse Sam:
What markings are underneath the forend.  That will give clues to its original configuration.  Lucky you in that is a heavy weight barrel equal to the diameter of the action and will help dampen the recoil

ndnchf:

--- Quote from: Yellowhouse Sam on September 16, 2020, 07:06:22 PM ---What markings are underneath the forend.  That will give clues to its original configuration.  Lucky you in that is a heavy weight barrel equal to the diameter of the action and will help dampen the recoil

--- End quote ---

I should be receiving it next week.  That is one of the first things I'll look for. With the forend in place, only the "44S"caliber marking is visible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version