Special Interests - Groups & Societies > BROW

Pedersoli 1885

(1/2) > >>

Curtis264:
Just bought this Pedersoli High Wall in 45-70, John Browning first patent that he sold to Winchester, have not had a chance to shoot it yet. I put a set of Lee Shavers med range soule sight on it and PH globe front sight

PJ Hardtack:
Lovely rifle!  ;)

I had an original High Wall in 40-60 (not 40-65), a piddly short range cartridge. At a match, a fellow with a Farmingdale '74 Business Rifle in 45-70 approached me and asked if we could do a swap. He had a debilitating wrist problem and found the Sharps too heavy, especially off hand.

It was a win-win for both of us  (my first Shiloh. Five more since) but I kinda wish I had kept the High Wall and had it rebarreled in 45-70. Couldn't have had it rechambered to 40-65 due to the rate of twist difference.

Curtis264:
I removed the Lee Shaver sights, had a hard time seeing with my older eyes and put on a Malcolm retro scope

Ranch 13:
 At some point you'll end up swapping those mounts on that scope out, and hopefully that front mount doesn't chew up the dovetail.

Curtis264:
Can you tell me what is wrong with these mounts, and what do you recommend for mounts

Advertisers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version