Author Topic: Josie Wales censorship - give me a break!  (Read 14529 times)

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1180
Josie Wales censorship - give me a break!
« on: September 01, 2019, 10:05:31 PM »
I don't get the Western channel on my cable lineup, but I get a channel called GRIT, which is pretty much nonstop older westerns (lots of Randolph Scott and Audie Murphy).  I love it.  But tonight they are showing The Outlaw Josie Wales, and even though I have it on my hard drive (  :) ) I'm watching on TV, and when Granny says to Lone Watie: "You know, we're sure going to show them redskins something tomorrow.  No offense meant."  Well, they cut out "redskins".  Just inserted silence.  Sheesh! (Can I still say that?  I hope it doesn't offend anyone). I guess George Carlin's "7 dirty words" needs to be expanded  :'(

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
Re: Josie Wales censorship - give me a break!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 10:55:05 PM »
I know what you're saying. Just look what they've done to poor Yosemite Sam!

Now it's all "Darn Tootin" and "Varmint" and "Polecat". .  .  . when he actually used to turn the air blue with his language.

Protecting innocent children, I suppose.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 901
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 02:37:39 AM »
I'd like to know when all the things the Left does which "offend" me are going to be censored!

Dave

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:15:54 AM »

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 06:23:53 PM »
If you're not on the Left, you don't have the right to be offended.  ::)

Only Unicorn Riders and Snowflakes can be offended by truth and reality.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline greyhawk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 07:21:07 PM »
I don't get the Western channel on my cable lineup, but I get a channel called GRIT, which is pretty much nonstop older westerns (lots of Randolph Scott and Audie Murphy).  I love it.  But tonight they are showing The Outlaw Josie Wales, and even though I have it on my hard drive (  :) ) I'm watching on TV, and when Granny says to Lone Watie: "You know, we're sure going to show them redskins something tomorrow.  No offense meant."  Well, they cut out "redskins".  Just inserted silence.  Sheesh! (Can I still say that?  I hope it doesn't offend anyone). I guess George Carlin's "7 dirty words" needs to be expanded  :'(

At the same time as this is going on the same people that censored it are expecting the rest of us to be relaxed and comfortable with them using all the gutter filth words they can think of in normal street conversation - in their "music "videos - song lyrics - tv shows ---- dunno what you do about it but I am about over this BS.   

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 07:19:53 AM »
Yep...at our AGE I suppose we are about over it   ::)

Unicorn Riders and Snowflakes ...God help them when ...Oh can I still say GOD ? ...

all they have left is a Liberal society.   

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 10:11:26 AM »
I walk that fine line . . .
with my girth I can safely say I'm a Conservative who casts a Liberal shadow.

And you're right, Roger, age taints the perspective. When Lenny Bruce or George Carlin used profanity for effect, it was shocking. Now , when Betty White says "F*** You!", I'm all "Oh, isn't she just the sweetest thing! God bless her."

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com