Author Topic: What's your favorite Western?  (Read 334223 times)

Offline Wolfman0125

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What's your favorite Western?
« Reply #520 on: July 19, 2021, 04:44:25 PM »
If you ever wondered what a Movie would be like with both John Wayne and Clint Eastwood?  Here is why that picture was never made. I could see it now.

John Wayne: Well, I’ll tell ya little Fella, I got bushwhacked at the pass, and there ain’t enough room in this here picture for the both of us. And we are gonna have to flip a peso to see just who’s gonna kiss the girl at the end and all, and who is gonna ride off in the sunset.  And well gosh darn it, I wasn’t lookin to do all this shootin. If You keep shootin everybody the way you’re goin’ there ain’t gonna be anyone left for me to dust off at the showdown scene. Hey, are you listening to me Clint?”

Clint Eastwood:  “Old man, You talk too much. Now, you gonna jerk those pistols or whistle Dixie?”

John Wayne: “Why I oughtta…”

Clint Eastwood: “I wouldn’t if I were you.”

John Wayne:  “You shot six Comancheros to my one. Count ‘em six!  Why’d you have to go and do a thing like that for?  I never would have signed on to this picture if I’da known I was gonna be upstaged by my side kick.”

Clint Eastwood:  “The way I figured it, I thought you were my sidekick.”

John Wayne:  “Well Fella, I think there has gotta be some kinda mistake here, There ain’t no way in Hell I’m gonna play second fiddle to some no count low down high plains drifter who makes a livin’ killin’ every thing that moves in movies made in some foreign country where they eat Spaghetti for breakfast. Now, me personally, I make my movies in the good ol’ United States of America. And furthermore,I prefer to eat grits for breakfast.  True Grits that is.”

Clint Eastwood:  “I recon so.”

John Wayne: “Now Son, I ain’t seen Gabby Hayes, no old Mexican merchant, Injun, nor the first streetwise orphan kid, or even a midget in this God forsaken picture. And if it ain’t you, and it sure as Hell ain’t gonna be me, what happened to all the sidekicks in this sorry excuse for a movie?”

Clint Eastwood:  “I recon their dead.”

John Wayne: Well Tarnation to Betsy, Clint! How do you suppose they got themselves killed?”

Clint Eastwood: “Well John, I recon that’s what happens when a .44 caliber bullet meets you right between the eyes.  Especially when you disturb a man while he’s tryin’ to get a little shut-eye.”

Offline casjim

• Citizen
    • My Rising Sign
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #521 on: August 20, 2021, 05:41:39 AM »
My favorite one is the "Once Upon a Time in the West". It's a nice western movie that feels like a comedy half the time and a revenger’s tragedy in operatic guise for the other half. Routinely counted among the greatest westerns ever made. And I think, rightly so. My top 3 is  8)

1. Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)
2. The Searchers (1956)
3. Red River (1948)

Offline Bart Slade

• Citizen
  • SASS #: 108760
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #522 on: June 08, 2022, 04:26:50 PM »
"Unforgiven" would be my favorite, but a pretty wide margin.

Followed by "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly".   

I've always been fond of "Fort Apache" as well.   Closely followed by 1000 others..

Advertising

« Reply #523 on: Today at 08:13:19 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com