Author Topic: Video Bringing People Into the Black Powder Shooting Hobby  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Tsalagidave

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dave Rodgers
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
Video Bringing People Into the Black Powder Shooting Hobby
« on: April 12, 2022, 11:33:44 PM »
I recently participated in a project on my friend Santee's Video Channel. It was really surprising how many young people it reached and how many of those people reached out to me. I have watched very technical videos that only a few of us understand, but a layman's approach like this really reached a broad audience with a simple message.

[/b]

We've all fired period arms with low recoil but a Sharps Big 50, a .45 Colt factory load, or a .530 ball sitting on top of 110g of FFg all pack a punch that is difficult to mimic believably in a Hollywood production.

Standing with a couple of friends who mean a lot to me. John runs the Arizona Ghostriders channel and he does a lot to share the old west with the next generations as well as many who would never have known the story otherwise. David is a Vietnam War Veteran, retired Pima County Deputy Sheriff, and professional firearms instructor. There are people in your life who make it a better place. Here are two of such people.
Guns don't kill people; fathers with pretty daughters do.

Offline Virgil Lantey

• NCOWS Member
  • Very Active Citizen
  • 3-7-77
  • NCOWS #: 4017
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 72
Re: Video Bringing People Into the Black Powder Shooting Hobby
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 08:05:44 AM »
Thanks for posting the video.
About the time I started to take an interest in black powder I couldn't find any on the shelves. Hopefully that will change with Estes buying Goex.
"Around Dodge City and in the territories out west, there's only one way to handle the killers and the spoilers, and that's with a U.S. Marshall and the smell of...Gunsmoke!"

Offline Tsalagidave

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dave Rodgers
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2022, 12:32:28 AM »
Yeah, powder is coming back into availability. It is definitely a worthwhile hobby. You'll meet a lot of fine folks in it too.

-Dave
Guns don't kill people; fathers with pretty daughters do.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:13:50 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com