Author Topic: 1st shots with the new Uberti 1890  (Read 685 times)

Offline King Medallion

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 14753
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 165
1st shots with the new Uberti 1890
« on: February 21, 2023, 04:45:48 PM »
Firsts off I'll say that before I even shot the gun, I sent the cylinders off to get reamed to .4525, as I couldn't get .451 bullets thu the throats. Sunday afternoon took the #1 1890 out for 1sst shooting session. I don't have a pic of the 1st target, will get that for you tomorrow. I did think enuff to take a pic of the Black Powder loads.

The circled holes are the 1st 5 shots, the nice little uncircled cluster is the 2nd cylinder full. It has potential! But those 2 cylinders were all it took to binder her up good.  (forgot my Balisol)
Unfortunately, what I learned on my 1st try with smokeless loads was that I had to aim at the top of the paper target! It shot that low! Granted it wasn't a great load, basically a light load of HP-38 just to get rid of the powder as it doesn't work well in anything I have to shoot, and the bullets were 200 grainers. The 250 grain bullets raised up about half, but still a disappointing POI.
I'll get pic's up tomorrow of the smokeless loads. The cylinders for the #2 1890 are done being reamed and are on the way home. Hope that one shoots better. The guy doing the honing (Dougguy) said the cylinders were way out of spec on both guns.
King Medallion

Offline King Medallion

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 14753
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 165
Re: 1st shots with the new Uberti 1890
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 04:18:13 PM »
OK, I'll try not to babble on to much. The 1st pic is with a 200 gr bullet aimed at the bullseye at 15 yards. Only 1 hit on the target at the bottom.

The next cluster is aiming at the little blue dot at the top of the target.

Then we go to a 250g coated bullet, 1st aiming at the bullseye, then the circled group aimed at the blue dot at top of target.

Last is a home cast 250g bullet, Goex FFF SPG lubed, aiming at top of target. Likes Black Powder, but could only get 2 cylinders before fouling bound her up.

Lots more load development to do before filing the sights down.
King Medallion

Offline Galloway

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2023, 11:31:41 AM »
Thats not babble at all, thats how i wish every gun review was! ;D

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:16:31 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk