Author Topic: Colt Walker Holster Wanted  (Read 1192 times)

Offline RBK

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Colt Walker Holster Wanted
« on: November 03, 2021, 10:43:55 AM »
I am looking to have a holster made similar to the one in the pic for my 2nd gen 1847 Colt Walker. My wife is going to make it my Christmas gift this year so it’d be nice if it was done in time but not a deal breaker if it can’t be.  I only want the holster, right hand carry, no belt. Anyone interested please shoot me a Pm or reply here and I’ll respond. Thank y’all

Brian

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Re: Colt Walker Holster Wanted
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 11:03:07 AM »
OK, pros. Send him a pm and get that holster done. RBK, when you get a holster post a photo back here so we can see it.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline RBK

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 12:24:38 PM »
Thank you for your help getting me logged in Marshall. And also to dogface (at least that’s his name on another forum) for leading me here. I definitely appreciate y’all.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:55:38 AM »

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1204
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 03:01:11 PM »
I'm curious why you want the shorter holster?  Just like the looks of the barrel poking through? (Nothing wrong with that).  If you are shooting it, the end of the barrel is likely to make your trouser leg dirty.  :)

Offline RBK

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2021, 06:42:29 PM »
That holster is another leather makers interpretation of Josey Wales holsters. I’m honestly just a fan of the movie and I like the holster. I dont have any plans to carry the pistol any further than my back pasture. It was more for display purposes. But it’s also been brought to my attention that a pommel holster would be much more correct and so I’m currently looking into those as well. But I’ve liked this holster for a long time so really leaning towards it.

Offline Cap'n Redneck

• Commd'g Co. D, Frontier Batt'n, Texas Rangers.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Cap'n Redneck SWS #163.
  • GAF #: 273
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2021, 06:57:30 AM »
If You're in the market for a pommel holster I can point You in the direction of this seller on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?item=265382966829&autorefresh=true&_ssn=luckyline1945&_osacat=0&hash=item3dca0eb62d%3Ag%3AwaEAAOSw13Zc5LoS&_odkw=&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313&_nkw=pommel+holster&_sacat=0

I've bought two pommel holsters from "luckyline1945", and I guess I lucked out in getting one right-hand and one left-hand holster, as it does not look like he differentiates between them....
"As is" these holsters will fit the Colt 1860 Army and the Remington New Model Army, but they are quite spacious inside, and by un-stitching the flap and re-attaching it about an inch higher I have modified my pair to fit both the Colt Walker and the LeMat revolver.  I squeezed the top of the brass finial slightly oval in order to fit the barrel / loading-lever.  And I exchanged the short flat-head steel nail that secures the finial to the holster for a longer dome-head brass nail.   Now to get a horse... ::)

Finally a word of caution:  luckyline1945s customer service sucks, so if he should choose to send You two left-hand holsters instead of one LH and one RH, I would from personal experience NOT try to return them for an exchange.  You run the risk of losing both the holster, return-shipping and the refund.
"As long as there's lead in the air, there's still hope..."
Frontiersman & Frontiersman Gunfighter: The only two categories where you can play with your balls and shoot your wad while tweaking the nipples on a pair of 44s.

Offline RBK

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2021, 12:33:12 PM »
Thank you for the lead sir.

Offline RBK

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2021, 08:31:01 PM »
I think I’ve got a maker lined up that I met on this forum. Thank y’all for letting me post my ad here. I’ll post pics up when I get it in.

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2021, 10:56:29 PM »
Good that you found someone. Looking forward to seeing the finished photo(s).

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline RBK

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2021, 11:20:10 AM »
My holster from Mr. Cliff Fendley is on the way. He worked fast to have it ready for me by Christmas, but I held up the process by sending payment about a week after it was requested. I will post up pics when it comes in. Thanks Cliff, I appreciate you getting it done.

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 84934
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 695
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2021, 08:37:42 AM »
Looking forward to seeing the holster.
"If legal action will not work use lever action and administer the law with Winchesters" ~ Louis L'Amour

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com