Author Topic: De-Bisleyfication  (Read 1673 times)

Offline LongWalker

• Top Active Citizen
  • GAF #: 911
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
De-Bisleyfication
« on: May 24, 2021, 03:37:27 PM »
Has anyone converted the New Model Vaquero/medium frame B'hawk from Bisley to SAA-style grips?  I'm contemplating something along those lines, just not sure how doable it is.  Will a standard Blackhawk gripframe fit?
In my book a pioneer is a man who turned all the grass upside down, strung bob-wire over the dust that was left, poisoned the water, cut down the trees, killed the Indian who owned the land and called it progress.  Charles M. Russell

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: De-Bisleyfication
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 09:22:05 AM »

:) L Walker  ;)

Quite doable.  Been done.  You will however, need to also source an OEM Vaquero Hammer and Trigger.  The Hammer and Trigger take quite a bit of work to fit.

Play Safe Out There

Offline LongWalker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 04:12:57 PM »
Thanks!  Forgot about needing to swap the hammer/trigger, will have to look at parts cost/availability (or just get used to the Bisley). 
In my book a pioneer is a man who turned all the grass upside down, strung bob-wire over the dust that was left, poisoned the water, cut down the trees, killed the Indian who owned the land and called it progress.  Charles M. Russell

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:42:48 PM »

Offline Manchester

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 05:42:39 PM »
You can also modify the bisley hammer and the plow handle grip frame trigger slot to accommodate the bisley trigger.  If you do a web search there are posts on Ruger forums on the subject. 

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2021, 12:50:05 PM »
If you go ahead with that mod, I will consider buying your gripframe, hammer and trigger, to help defray the cost for you.
Much obliged,
Mustang Gregg
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline LongWalker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2021, 10:43:51 PM »
If you go ahead with that mod, I will consider buying your gripframe, hammer and trigger, to help defray the cost for you.
Much obliged,
Mustang Gregg
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.  The gun is a 5 1/2" 44 special.  The balance would be about perfect for me with the old cast aluminum grip frame (perfect would be a 6 1/2" 41 mag).  The steel Bisley frame is heavy enough it throws everything off just a tad.  Next weekend I'll have the chance to try out a New Vaquero that has been set up the way I'm thinking I'd like to go, I'll see how it balances for me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com