Author Topic: Forsaken - movie  (Read 5707 times)

Offline Tornado

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
Forsaken - movie
« on: May 10, 2016, 11:52:47 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO8xbYx6tco
I watched this western a few days ago, it was a honest to God, good ol' fashion western.  Kiefer and Donald play father and son(they seemed believable).  Demi Moore plays Kiefer's old girlfriend.   Kiefer even uses a Lemat in the final gun fight and uses the built-in 10 gauge  ::) to dispatch a bad guy.  I give it a A- overall.

Offline Jake C

• Department of the Atlantic, GAF # 834
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Forsaken - movie
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 01:00:24 PM »
That good, huh? I'll need to check it out. Always happy to see a new Western.
Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 268
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 09:39:04 AM »
Tornado's comments hit the nail on the head.

I watched it a few weeks ago and thought it was very good. I'm going to buy the DVD.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:46:05 PM »

Offline Jake C

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 09:55:22 AM »
Well, y'all have convinced me, I'll pick it up ASAP  ;D. Did you all watch it on Netflix, Amazon, anything like that?
Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800

Offline buttebob

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 11:29:07 AM »
I thought it was OK, but not great. Better than some of the latest westerns that have come out.
The LeMat has a .63 cal smooth bore, just a little bit larger than a 20 gauge.

Offline Tornado

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 03:53:50 PM »
I rented it from Redbox.
The main mark against the movie is the plot is not very original, thus somewhat predictable. 

Offline Jake C

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 09:16:11 PM »
Saw it tonight. The wife and I liked it. I agree, it was a tad predictable, but I liked it. I would buy it.

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 638
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 06:04:51 PM »
I just finished watching this one.  It is certainly better than some other recent westerns. The acting was above average, but I'm not sure if I'll want to watch it again. It was well worth watching once,  though.

I was surprised to see at least one mirror image shot in this film. One of the bad guys is seen shooting a '66 rifle over a rock ("shooting" once when the hammer was already down). In one shot of him, he's suddenly shooting left handed and the loading gate is on the left side of the rifle. I've seen mirror images in other films and I can't figure out why they use them most of the time.  In the original "True Grit" they used a quick mirror image shot, I think,  because otherwise it would look like John Wayne was turning away from the bad guys,  but there are mirror images, for example, in the new "3:10 to Yuma" that I don't understand.

Anyway, I'd recommend "Forsaken" to those who like westerns. (For those who don't like westerns, there are mental institutions.)

CC Griff
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com