Author Topic: Grips from a good pard  (Read 4281 times)

1stSgt Fritz King

Grips from a good pard
« on: October 21, 2005, 04:21:48 PM »
Hello the fire!
I hope this isn't a taboo subject, but I wanted to tell you about a good pard.  His name is Ken Myers.  He's in Tombstone, AZ (a great place that!), and he makes grips.  I was surfing ebay one day, and he was offering polymer grips for sale.  I contacted him about a set of stag grips I had on a Hawes Western Marshal.  I wanted to get a duplicate set.  He offered to reproduce them for me, as long as he could make copies for sale.  I just got my grips back, and the only way I could tell the originals from the repros was there weren't any placement holes in the back.  Now three pards in the U.S. and one overseas wear copies of my grips.  He's a good pard to ride the river with.  Look him up.  His website is www.tombstonesilver.com.
R/S
Fritz

Offline Stump Water

• I ain't gonna worry about it.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Grips from a good pard
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 06:19:19 PM »
Ain't nothin' taboo about tell about a good pard Fritz.

And here I thought Tensleep & Mizz Annie had hoarded up all the Hawes pistols.  ::)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 07:37:45 PM »
'Sleep'll be makin' 'im an offer soons 'e sees the thread.....................................
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:07:05 AM »

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 08:11:34 PM »
I bookmarked the site. Thanks for the link. I didn't see much abut what grips he offers, though. Is there a list somewhere or something?

How about posting a pic of yours so we can see what they look like.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

1stSgt Fritz King

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005, 10:45:36 PM »
I'd like to pard, but I don't have one of those new fangled digital cameras.  :'(
However, if you go to his page, there's a link to his ebay stope.  You'll see pics there aplently, and some of my grips!  I fitted them today, and they are purty!  I really like the Hawes.  I had one before I started SASS, and I've got two now.  They seem to be well-made guns, with tight tolerances.
R/S
Fritz

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2005, 08:47:26 AM »
I looked at the grips on ebay. Nice grips. 8) Thanks.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Boss Hoss Fly

• Citizen
  • Pure Warthog-SASS#63711
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 07:53:37 PM »
Ken's great ( specially for the financhially challenged like myself) I've bought i think 5 sets & he's makin a set for my wifes rite now & inplantin a pair of silver dimes dated same as her DOB ;D
USMC 1967-1970
SASS# 63711
SSS# 40
GOFWG# 229
SLUGS# 20
Viet Nam Vet
East Texas Redneck
If its got a cork,i'll drink it - if it's got a tune,i'll dance to it - if it's got a trigger, i'll shoot it - if it's got hair, i'll ride it

Offline Boss Hoss Fly

• Citizen
  • Pure Warthog-SASS#63711
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 07:57:39 PM »
I bookmarked the site. Thanks for the link. I didn't see much abut what grips he offers, though. Is there a list somewhere or something?

How about posting a pic of yours so we can see what they look like.

Here ya go Pard-
http://stores.ebay.com/TOMBSTONE-GUN-GRIPS_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm
He made these-
USMC 1967-1970
SASS# 63711
SSS# 40
GOFWG# 229
SLUGS# 20
Viet Nam Vet
East Texas Redneck
If its got a cork,i'll drink it - if it's got a tune,i'll dance to it - if it's got a trigger, i'll shoot it - if it's got hair, i'll ride it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com