Author Topic: Metal diet for WB leather?  (Read 4184 times)

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Metal diet for WB leather?
« on: November 16, 2011, 08:46:25 PM »
Two items that are legal in SASS cowboy leather are screw style tension devices and sheet metal skeletons (liners), would these be legal for Wild Bunch as well?  Both 1911 holsters and mag pouches are commonly made with tension devices but would this be SASS legal as traditional materials and designs?  I do not know how far metal holster liners go back in history but it does not matter if SASS has ruled on it, so whats that call?

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
Re: Metal diet for WB leather?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 10:32:26 PM »
Metal holster liners go back to the 1950's with the advent of the 'Fast Draw' and 'Walk and Draw' competitions that were popular during the heyday of the TV Westerns.

Vaya,

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 01:00:13 PM »
I have gone through some of the older posts here and did see a couple or several pictures posted by you guys that showed what appeared to be tension devices on magazine pouches, so figure that part must be ok??  So far I have not seen what appears to be a tension device on a holster yet BUT figure that if it is legal for the mag pouches then it should be for holsters also??  The way the rules are written it leaves a lot open for interpretation, I figure that it makes sence to use SASS standards as the guide where there is doubt?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:36:46 PM »

Offline Capt. Augustus

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 04:23:43 PM »

If you want it straight from the horse`s mouth, ask the question on the SASS WB Forum.  Members of the rules committee will directly answer your question.  It beats a lot of wishing and guessing.

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 05:10:07 PM »
You can also go to the SASS website and download a copy of the Wild Bunch rules.  Or if you'll PM me with your email address I'll send them to you.
SUBLYME AND HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT
Learned Brother at Armes

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 02:52:14 PM »
Finally got on the WB forum and posted some questions.  I had registered for the forum some time back and was having trouble finding the right combination of name and p.w. to be able to post there now!  Getting old comes with a price, for sure.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 10:53:52 AM »

Bein over 50 ain't for sissies ::)

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 07:02:18 PM »
Got my answers from the rules guy this evening.  The Wild Bunch equipment rules will be interpreted strictly concerning belts, holsters and related gear.  No metal or kydex liners and no screw adjustable tension devices will be allowed, as happened with SASS CAS leather equipment over the years.  Do not let anyone use the loose CAS interpretations to sell you WB equipment that want pass muster.  Coffinmaker my friend, I was still feeling on top at fifty!

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 03:52:52 PM »
Guys, do not put any water in thet seive I just put out, seems the information isn't that reliable.  Received a link from a pard concerning one of the games biggest suppliers and shooters web site and sure enough, at least one of the mods in question are listed.  Our good pard Jack Houston is seeking a decision now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com