Author Topic: Chiappa M1892 Winchester rifle - .44 WCF  (Read 1785 times)

Offline ndnchf

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Chiappa M1892 Winchester rifle - .44 WCF
« on: September 08, 2020, 09:24:05 AM »
I don't normally write reviews, but this rifle is so nice that I wanted to share.

I was skeptical of the quality and shooting ability of this rifle. But I was tempted when I saw it on the used rack at a LGS.  It looked like new and probably had very few rounds through it. I thought it would be nice to a new rifle in .44 WCF.  I have an original M1873 and had others over the years, but never a new one.  I was able to work a trade with an extra trapdoor I had.

It is a very handsome rifle. The fit and finish of the stock is very good, not overly glossy.  The color case hardening is nice, but not gaudy.  The action is smooth and positive and works perfectly.

I didn't even bring it in the house after my purchase, I went straight to range with reloads I had made for my '73.  It shot great. But my aging eyes needed a tang sight, so I ordered a new Marbles.  It came in a few days ago. BTW, the Chiappa uses the original Winchester tang screw threads, a nice touch!  Back at the range with the new sight, it did not disappoint. The target is still a little fuzzy due to my eyes, but when I did my part, the rifle did its part. 

I'm very pleased and impressed with this rifle. Chiappa has really stepped up their game creating a high quality M1892 that is very accurate. Well done. 

"We're all travelers in this world.  From the sweet grass to the packing house, birth till death, we travel between the eternities"  Prentiss Ritter, Broken Trail

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 360
Re: Chiappa M1892 Winchester rifle - .44 WCF
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 09:54:44 PM »
My wife has a carbine one in 44-40. Not a bad rifle but certainly not a 73 if you are trying to make any time with it. As with most 92s it does best if you run it like your mad at it which I usually am after a few rounds.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline ndnchf

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 05:59:01 AM »
Thanks, but I'm not trying to make time at all. I have an original '73 too, so I have the best of both worlds  ;D
"We're all travelers in this world.  From the sweet grass to the packing house, birth till death, we travel between the eternities"  Prentiss Ritter, Broken Trail

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:07:38 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com