CAS TOPICS > Bird Cage Theatre ( Videos )

Grant - Historical Drama on History Channel

(1/3) > >>

Marshal Halloway:

DVR is set.

How about yourself?

GRANT - 2020 - HISTORICAL DRAMA

HISTORY’s three-night miniseries event, “Grant,” will premiere over three consecutive nights beginning on Monday, May 25 at 9PM ET/PT on HISTORY. The television event will chronicle the life of one of the most complex and underappreciated generals and presidents in U.S. history – Ulysses S. Grant. “Grant,” tells the remarkable and quintessentially American story of a humble man who overcomes incredible obstacles, rises to the highest ranks of power and saves the nation not once, but twice. With a seamless blend of dramatic scenes, expert commentary and beautifully enhanced archival imagery, this series uncovers the true legacy of the unlikely hero who led the nation during its greatest test: The Civil War and Reconstruction – the herculean task to reconcile the North and the South. One of the most courageous and unexpected initiatives of Grant’s presidency was protecting the right to vote for the four million freed slaves in the face of violent and widespread resistance.

“Grant” features on-camera interviews with top experts in the field including Ron Chernow, retired United States Army General and former Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) director David Petraeus, acclaimed author and journalist Ta-Nehisi Coates, professor of English at West Point Elizabeth Samet and CEO of the American Civil War Museum in Richmond, VA Christy Coleman to name a few.

Dave T:
My real interest is the post-War frontier, but to understand that you have to understand the Civil War and it's profound affect on the Western settlement that would follow. I wouldn't miss this one one for anything.

Dave

Professor Marvel:
Thanks Herr Boss!
We wil lbe waiting for it -

--- Quote from: Dave T on May 19, 2020, 08:56:49 PM ---My real interest is the post-War frontier, but to understand that you have to understand the Civil War and it's profound affect on the Western settlement that would follow. I wouldn't miss this one one for anything.

Dave

--- End quote ---

And interestingly, mine is "Pre Civil War" ...

yhs
prof amrvel

Advertising:

Drydock:
Nice to see the "History" Channel actually doing history.

Delmonico:
I can't get them anymore and don't care, tried to find something on it when I was in the hospital for 3 weeks, that was a joke. 

Kast stuff I have watched was about as inaccurate as a B Western. 

Anyone remember about 10 years ago they did a series  called America the story of us?  There was a guy who played Teddy Blue Abbott, a guy grew up about 5 miles from where I sit, local Pony Express rerider got the small gig, he was telling me they were told to dress what they had and they would do what needed, only one in that segment that didn't need anything but to roll around in the dirt, my claim to movie fame because he had me help him with his outfitr. ;D   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version