Author Topic: New 56 50 small problem  (Read 2574 times)

Offline Loco Smith

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New 56 50 small problem
« on: June 18, 2006, 02:18:44 PM »
This is unbelievable the 56 50 i just picked up 2 days ago bought as new not fired. Has a cracked stock. Two cracks from the toe of the butt on each side.Looks like a big splinter will pop out. What kind of warranty do these guys have? They want 260 on there site for a new one?  Maybe I'll get lucky. I shot 10 rounds! didn't see cracks till I was out in the sun.Any one have this kind of problem?  .Loco
Loco Smith 60723
Vietnam 69-70
NRA
Okla Rifle Asso. LM
Mason

Offline Wes Tancred

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: New 56 50 small problem
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 12:18:23 AM »
I think it is most likely that your stock was damaged in shipment, which is, alas, a far too frequent occurrence these days. The wood on my Spencer is sound, and a very nice piece, to boot. I think you should try to deal with the distributor (Taylor’s, Cimarron, etc.) first, and I should be very surprised if you did not get satisfaction from them, or from Armi Sport. That is a most unfortunate turn of events, however.  :'(

Offline Loco Smith

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
Re: New 56 50 small problem; Update.
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 07:08:54 AM »
Well after talking to Taylor I ordered a new stock, we'll see.   I didn't get any help from the guy who sold it to me, New never shot, well the trigger was for sure worked on, spring ground down, nice trigger, so far. Only shot 10 rounds for test, then waiting on stock. The problem with the stock is the way the plate fits, it's concaved in the middle, if you tighten the screw to much you put more pressure on the edge of the wood, so if you bang the stock, splinter. I like the rifle but sights, bad rear, front problem. It also has the little knick on the side next to fireing pin from hammer. But works pretty smooth. Waiting on stock. Does every body resize brass every time you reload it? I've loaded the 10 unsized, they fit but will have to wait..Loco
Loco Smith 60723
Vietnam 69-70
NRA
Okla Rifle Asso. LM
Mason

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:49:34 PM »

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 03:44:38 PM »
Does every body resize brass every time you reload it?

I never resize. It's a waste of time. Deprime by hand, tumble in ceramic media, reprime and ever so slightly bell the case mouth, DROP TUBE approx. 2.5 cc of FFg BP, seat & give firm crimp. Anneal the case mouths initially & after every 5 - 8 shots depending if the case is getting blowback.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com