Author Topic: Spencer Bullets  (Read 2107 times)

klw

Spencer Bullets
« on: January 10, 2006, 04:14:51 PM »
There is a fellow over at the NSSA who has put a great deal of time and effort into trying to develop the modern equivalent of the Wilkinson (I think) self cleaning bullets.  I've got one of his moulds for a Spencer but don't have a Spencer.  I was wondering if anyone has tried one of these and if so how well did it do?

The fellow's name is Greg Edington and you can reach him through the NSSA bulletin board.

Probably one of the best mould makers ever was Hensley & Gibbs.  Those moulds are now made by Ballisti-Cast.  Ballisti-Cast does absolutely beautiful work.  Also, unlike H&G, they are willing to do custom work for a price.  Think it is an extra $100 charge.

That extra charge doesn't bother me BUT I don't have a Spencer bullet that I know works well.  SO I was wondering if you could specify exactly any bullet that you have found that works well and what alloy you are using.

If Ballisti-Cast did duplicate a really good bullet there would be two advantages.  First their moulds are works of art.  Second you can get gang moulds.  Six cavity moulds.

So I'd appreciate knowing what alloy and what bullets work well in your Spencers.  Probably wouldn't hurt to know the brass source as well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com