Author Topic: $740 for a Taylor's 56-50 carbine with Lane Extractor  (Read 3411 times)

klw

$740 for a Taylor's 56-50 carbine with Lane Extractor
« on: January 10, 2006, 11:40:44 AM »
There is a note here, in another thread, that Taylor's is selling the carbine for $740. 

I called and asked.  They were pissed.  This is an offer good only through the 12th and they made it VERY VERY clear that this should NEVER EVER have been posted on a web site for the general public to read.

They also made it very clear that they would have to have the entire thing done by the end of business on the 12th.  So clearly you can not mail them a bank draft.

About the only hope is to have your dealer fax them the FFL they will need and then call them with your (the buyer's) credit card number.  There is some chance, however, that if they realize that the credit card is the buyer's, and not that of the company calling, that they will not accept it.  Payment has to be from the store (I think).

I've done business with Taylor's before.  Purchased my 44 Russian from them for an article I was working on.  More recently Uberti had them specially import a 45 Colt steel frame Henry for that same article.  I've NEVER found them easy to deal with and today was no exception.  I will not say what I really think of this company, but it is NOT positive.

So this price is available only for a couple more days and only to dealers.  If you call and ask about this, assuming that you are not a dealer, expect to be treated rudely. 

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
Re: $740 for a Taylor's 56-50 carbine with Lane Extractor
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 01:59:06 PM »
Whoa Hoss!

I just got off the phone with Tammy Loy (the owner), who was NOT who you talked to.  Tammy knows I posted the prices in the SSS, and that is fine with her.  Who ever you talked to does not know I have been working with Tammy to spread the gospel of Spencer. Distributors don't like the dealer cost shared, but this is an exception with her blessing.  Who ever you talked to does not know that either.

She did say for you to call her personally and she will make it right for you, and offers her apologies.  They are a zoo right now, and everyone is grumpy: inventory, new catalogs and price lists, back orders filling, shot show prep, etc.

More later
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

klw

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 02:47:49 PM »
You are ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY AND UNQUESTIONABLY WRONG!!!!!

I just got off the phone with Taylor's.  Twice in one day.  Talked to the same lady as before (still didn't get her name).  She said that Tammy was gone but before she left she told her that this price had been posted on the web and that she, Tammy, had no prior knowledge of that and would not have approved! 

Now I understand that Taylor's has to ship to a dealer.  That WAS NEVER the issue.  At least in Flagstaff ARizona, however, a dealer (a regular gunstore) will receive anything for you IF you pay all the costs involved and all they have to do is receive the gun.  The standard deal here is $40 for receiving the gun and doing their paperwork.  So getting a dealer's help, at least in Flagstaff, is easy.

What I wanted to do was pay for the gun (Visa I suppose) and have my dealer fax them a copy of their license copy.  Certainly that was turned down cold the first time I talked to Taylor's.  This second time didn't go much better.

I've owned three Spencers, an original carbine, a Romano Rifle and a Taylor carbine in 44 Russian.  The Taylor gun was an experience I'd not like to repeat. 

Still I REALLY would have like to see the Taylor guns work.  That said I was almost ready to give them another try until this experience. 

I'm REALLY going to have to push up the priority on my article about these rifles because now I remember why I was so frustrated with Taylor's the last time.

Kenneth L. Walters
Flagstaff, ARizona

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:36:32 AM »

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 03:08:08 PM »
" You are ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY AND UNQUESTIONABLY WRONG!!!!!

I just got off the phone with Taylor's.  Twice in one day.  Talked to the same lady as before (still didn't get her name).  She said that Tammy was gone but before she left she told her that this price had been posted on the web and that she, Tammy, had no prior knowledge of that and would not have approved!  "

Clarify- Tammy did not have prior notice, but I did tell her after the fact, and she said she was not upset, since it was just the Spencer Shooting Society.  Any questions about my integrity should be dealt with off this forum.
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

klw

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 04:07:22 PM »
I have absolutely no doubts about your sincerity.  Sorry if I gave the impression that I did.  I'm sure you did what you thought best and you were probably right.  Still if I stepped on you that was an error on my part and I appoligize!  My frustration is simply that you and I got very different impressions about what was going on here.  That happens.

I'm also sorry that this didn't work out.  I would have like to have seen how much better these guns are now.  But, well, I tried calling Tammy.  That sure didn't work!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com