Author Topic: 2017 GAF Grand Muster After Action Report  (Read 3211 times)

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • 308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA
    • Grand Army of the Frontier
  • SASS #: 74523
  • NCOWS #: L187
  • GAF #: 147
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
2017 GAF Grand Muster After Action Report
« on: July 08, 2017, 12:41:43 PM »
8, July 1876 (+141)

To: The ladies and gentlemen of the GAF at large
Copies to: (Bvt.) Major General U. S. Scout (Ret.),
(Bvt.) Col. Drydock Chief of Staff,
(Bvt. ) Col. Dusty Tagalon Adjutant ,

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I have the honor to submit my report following the 2017 Grand Muster of the Grand Army of the Frontier

By Monday afternoon I had completed the mowing and most of my other preparations when my Chief of Staff Col. Drydock and Commissary Department Chief Delmonico arrived. Tuesday morning Drydock and I Completed some updates to the plumbing in the camp. Wednesday Drydock and I traveled to nearby Ord to retrieve the targets. By Afternoon most of the rest of the staff had arrived and we finished placing the targets.
Thursday, Quickfire, Broken Nose Scotty, Lt. Col. Silver Creek Slim Lt. Col. Ned Neiderlander, Col. Drydock Col. Sagebrush Burns and myself shot the main match stages to ensure that everything was set up correctly and so that we could RO the stages once the main match commenced.

Our mess consisted of 31 shooting participants excluding camp followers.
Also present were a few hardy sutlers. These were: Gripmaker, High Plains Shooters Supply, Plum Creek Leather and Runnin Iron.

Friday morning operations commenced with the Expansion Era Match side match held at the target stage called “Over the top” but more fondly known to the troops as “Fort Hell”. A local tradition has been to award a traveling trophy to the person ranking highest in all areas of competition in the Expansion Era Matches while wearing a qualifying uniform. This Year Dutch Al of Colorado took home the trophy.

The Main match used the same skirmish format as the Expansion Era Match did. All of the stages this year commemorated the 150th anniversary of Red Cloud’s War. 

Saturday evening we retired to The Comstock Lodge for the banquet. The Ladies and the men seemed to quite enjoy the facilities. While there, door prizes were awarded.

Sunday morning I totaled the scores Using the new spreadsheet I had set up over the winter and the certificates were awarded to the men. Following the awards ceremony my staff and members of my Council of War met to discuss suggested changes to the military class categories as well as a few other suggested changes.

The Stu Kettle Memorial Gun Shoot Thingy Award was won by Whiskey Double for having the lowest total time.

Here I should thank a number of people: The Broken Bow Lions Club for sponsoring the insurance; Lt. Col. Dusty Tagalon for printing the winners certificates; Lt. Col. Ned Neiderlander, his efforts building camp equipage, Col. Drydock for arriving early and helping set up as well as Cpl Broken Nose Scotty, Ned Niderlander, Quickfire, Silver Creek Slim and Micah, Sagebrush Burns and Drydock all of whom arrived early and shot the match on Thursday so that they could RO the match for participants. Kawasaki and Coy Wolf for donating the use of a “Mule” for moving participants between the stages. And finally Capt. Delmonico.

Evaluation of the Muster is ongoing, but the consensus is that the format is optimal but improvements can yet be made.

I request that participants of this match place their report in this thread as well.

I have attached score summaries here.
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com