Author Topic: WOW, there is a difference.  (Read 955 times)

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 94
WOW, there is a difference.
« on: May 11, 2023, 11:47:46 AM »
It is hard to believe someone would spend this amount on an Italian parts gun, and a well used one at that. I can only think they don't realize the difference. And yes, before other comments I believe there is a big difference in the all USA produced guns over the Italian parts guns.

I do think the USFA Italian parts guns were a step above the standard Uberti back then, but only in fit and finish. Some current Uberti guns are pretty outstanding.

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/revolvers/usfa-pistols-revolvers/usfa-us-firearms-saa-sheriff-s-model-saa-45-colt-3-1-2-quot-birdshead-grip-turnbull-case-colors-dome-blue.cfm?gun_id=102235187

A man's true measure is found not in what he says but in what he does.

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1213
Re: WOW, there is a difference.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2023, 03:02:49 PM »
Who knows, but one WAG might be that some collector with plenty of money wants "one of each model" and didn't have a birdshead.

Like Colt Cowboys going for WAY more than they used to because collectors want a complete set.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2023, 07:48:51 AM »
 :) Well Heck  ;)

I don't necessarily understand collectors.  Collectors of anything.  Seems to me, if you have a "thing" you should conversely be able to take that "thing" out and play with it.

I was once included in an invitation proffered to my Sweetheart, to visit Clive Cussler's Automobile Collection.  WOW!!  HOLY GUACAMOLE!!  Some of those antique cars were just FABULOUS.  Gathering Dust.  Especially the matching Four Door Sedan and "House" Trailer combo thingie.  And the Chrysler Hemi powered Allard sports car.  And > > > > > >

found them:  1936 Pierce Arrow 12 and 1937 Pierce Arrow Travelodge.  Just gorgeous you betcha!!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:09:02 AM »

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 913
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2023, 10:06:59 AM »
Like Lou I too appreciate the very high quality, fit, and finish of the all USA sourced USFA single actions.  I do not appreciate the prices being asked these days, particularly for Uberti parts guns like this one.  I've stated this before but I've bought my last USFA revolver.  The market for them at the prices being asked is just "bat guano" crazy.

Dave

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 94
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2023, 11:27:29 AM »
I understand when a firearm of quality is no longer produced the price will go up. That stands to reason. I also understand the demand for such an item will influence its value. I agree with Abilene to a degree, however, generally, a collector wants a pristine item and will pay exorbitant prices if in pristine condition. This firearm is nowhere close to pristine condition and in my opinion less desirable than the all USA parts guns. All that being said, I suppose an item is still worth what someone is willing to pay for said item.

My thought is either the individual buying does not know there is a difference in USFA all USA guns and Italian parts guns and/or whether or not USA or Italian makes no difference in value to some wanting a USFA firearm.
A man's true measure is found not in what he says but in what he does.

Offline Graveyard Jack

• Top Active Citizen
  • aka CraigC
    • Graveyard Jack's Custom Sixgun Leather
  • SASS #: 81,827
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 89
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2023, 09:06:39 AM »
Collectors rarely make any sense to me.
SASS #81,827

Offline Pangaea