Author Topic: I Gotta Know!  (Read 15585 times)

Badlands Walker

I Gotta Know!
« on: August 02, 2005, 06:57:37 PM »
Now, I ain't pickin'  & I ain't pokin' fun!  I just gotta know!  I saw a name on the list of folks readin' this forum & I saw the name MoeLester.  What on earth would possess a man to want to use that name??? :o

Shoshone Slim

Re: I Gotta Know!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 08:57:20 PM »
They signed up today and that is flat out WRONG!!!  This person needs to be given one chance to change their alias and if they don't comply they need to be banned for life.  IP address and all.  That's one sick s.o.b..

Badlands Walker

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 09:19:03 PM »
Dang Slim!  Fer' once, you & me agree on somethin' 100%!  Yee-Haw! ;)

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:14:36 PM »

Offline RattlesnakeJack

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 09:20:33 PM »
Huh???

Methinks you fellers are lettin' your own perceptions, presumably based on very modern misuse of the term, get in the way of common sense ...  Check any good dictionary - there is absolutely no "sexual" or otherwise "immoral" element or connotation in the definition or meaning of "molest" (or "molester").  For example, this is the entire defintion of "molest" in Webster's New World Dictionary - "to annoy, interfere with or meddle with so as to cause trouble or harm, or with intent to trouble or harm."

That's it! 

With all the "outlaw" and other ne'er-do-well personas and aliases in Cowboy Action Shooting, what's so "sick" or unacceptable????
Rattlesnake Jack Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North West Canada, 1885
Major John M. Robson, Royal Scots of Canada, 1883-1901
Sgt. John Robson, Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, 1885
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier

Shoshone Slim

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 10:18:18 PM »
Dang Slim!  Fer' once, you & me agree on somethin' 100%!  Yee-Haw! ;)

Frightening isn't it. :P ;D

Rattlesnake, I'll stand by my assesment.  At the very least, it's in extremely poor taste.

The Arapaho Kid

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 11:14:18 PM »
Would it be any different if a woman used the name "Mole Esther"?

Shoshone Slim

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 07:20:08 AM »
In my not so humble opinion no it wouldn't.  Poor taste is not gender specific.  How about Ray Per.  Maybe he was a miner that raped the land.  It's beyond imagination how anyone could defend an alias with such an evil conotation even if it is only by todays venacular and standards.

Badlands Walker

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2005, 07:27:38 AM »
Yep!  I'm gonna have to agree with Shoshone Slim once again on this!  That's just not a name I would want associated with, alias or not! 8)

Offline Col. Riddles

• Top Active Citizen
  • Whar's thet dadblasted Yankee?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2005, 08:22:01 AM »
I'm gonna jump in here & agree with Slim & Walker, very poor taste indeed.
God answers knee mail † ><>
BOLD
SCORRS
SASS 7462 Life

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2005, 08:48:37 AM »
Yanno, could be they had something in mind to do with Lester Moore's epitaph.

"Here lies Lester Moore, four slugs from a .44, no less, no more."

Maybe since Lester More in No More they wanted to be Mo' Lester, or More Lester.

Just a thought but it sounds like something that I might do trying to be clever and come up with something that people take entirely out of context and in ways that I never thought about.
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Badlands Walker

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 09:00:46 AM »
Unfortunately, it's the nature of the beast today & one needs to be real careful in today's society! 8)

Perhaps there is no negativity at all in the name, but it sure is a bad idea... IMHO! ::)

Book Miser

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2005, 09:09:42 AM »
Ever the contrarian, eh Camille?
 ::)

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2005, 09:34:26 AM »
Ever the contrarian, eh Camille?
 ::)

I like giving people the benefit of doubt Book Miser and without ever having seen anything that the person posted or having met them there are people all ready to hang them.  As pointed out the name could be a perfectly innocent idea that other people just happened to see differently.

Besides if everybody agreed all the time the world would get awful boring and playing the devil's advocate can be soooo much fun.
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Shoshone Slim

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2005, 10:27:00 AM »
Not too long after a certain person was permanently banned over on TRI we had registrations like this turn up.  There is no excuse.  I know that I'm sounding pretty harsh here and I don't really easily offend but this is just flat out and let me say it again....in very poor taste, not funny and shameful.

Badlands Walker

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2005, 11:24:37 AM »
There ya go again Slim! ;)  Yes, it's true... I was Son Antonio on TRI, but I can assure you this time... this is not me! 8)

Havin' a fun time & tryin' to sneak one in on SASS is one thing, this is totally somethin' else.! 8)

Ya have my word as a gentleman, rebel, cowboy, or any other title you'ld like to place on me... this new alias ain't Badlands & I agree, it's sick & not funny! >:(  JMHO! ;)

Shoshone Slim

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2005, 11:30:16 AM »
There ya go again Slim! ;)  Yes, it's true... I was Son Antonio on TRI, but I can assure you this time... this is not me! 8)

>:(  JMHO! ;)

BW, I'm talking about some one else....a certain criquet.

Badlands Walker

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2005, 11:31:20 AM »

>:(  JMHO! ;)

BW, I'm talking about some one else....a certain criquet.

Damn!  I blew it again! ::)

Badlands Walker

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2005, 11:34:10 AM »
I must be gettin' paranoid in my old age cuz I would o' swore you was takin' another shot at me! :D

Better see a doc about this! :-\

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2005, 11:48:24 AM »
Moral relativism is interesting, is it not?

Each of us has some type of moral compass under which guidance we conduct ourselves from day to day. When people join in a community or society, they often share many of their moral "values." Those in the community who do not share a particularly strong value are often subjected to the others' judgement. Often, over time, these values are codified into laws, such as "Thou shalt not kill." Those that are not often evolve into the mores and folkways of a given community which can be just as strongly a part of the members' lives as those which are "legislated."

On a large scale, when one large group decides another group is "wrong" because the groups disagree about a point on their compasses, wars can be started.

On a smaller scale it becomes more personal. How often do we say someone is wrong, offensive, or shameful, not because that person has caused anyone harm or damage, but because they have triggered something on our own compass?

"You are wrong because you have offended my personal moral relativity!" And so, we project our beliefs onto others, without regard for theirs.

Humans are a funny bunch, ain't we?

:D

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Badlands Walker

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2005, 11:49:22 AM »
So, how come when I go to profiles, this MoeLester feller don't show up? ???

I did a search & came up empty handed! >:(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com