Author Topic: Western Movie Trivia  (Read 4083 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Western Movie Trivia
« on: January 10, 2005, 06:04:00 PM »
What was Tom Mix's horses' name? Where is the Tom Mix Museum?  Tom Mix's ghost is supposed to haunt a Hotel in Arizona , Name the city in Arizona and the name of the Hotel.  Tom was killed in an automobile crash. What kind of Car was he driving at the time?
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

The Arapaho Kid

Re: Western Movie Trivia
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 06:40:47 PM »
What was Tom Mix's horses' name? Where is the Tom Mix Museum?  Tom Mix's ghost is supposed to haunt a Hotel in Arizona , Name the city in Arizona and the name of the Hotel.  Tom was killed in an automobile crash. What kind of Car was he driving at the time?

Tom's Horse - Tony
Death Car - A Cord
Museum - Dewey, Oklahoma
Hotel and Town - Drawing a blank
And...here he is

Tom Mix

If you can recall the old Tom Mix radio shows, he had a cook on the ranch.  What was the cooks name?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 06:25:10 PM »
The Hotel is named the Vindome and its in Prescott,Arizona.  My wife and I stayed there about 15 yrs ago.  They built a "fake staircase" for Tom to set his hats on.  He filmed alot of his Westerns around Prescott and Sedona.  I got to see the Cord car. It is in the Imperial Palace Car Museum in Las Vegas.  I've also been to the Museum in Dewey. They got a lot of neat stuff in there.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:48:34 AM »

The Arapaho Kid

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 08:39:29 PM »
I looked up that hotel on a haunted hotel site.  It mentions that it is haunted by an elderly woman and her cat, but it doesn't say anything about Tom Mix's ghost.  Also....I can remember listening to the old Tom Mix radio shows when I was a kid.  His cooks name was Wash.  I'm thinking they had to have kept those old radio shows on after his death because I listened to them in the late 40's and early 50's.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com