Author Topic: Cimarron's new American model!  (Read 80746 times)

Offline Black River Smith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
Re: Cimarron's new American model!
« Reply #360 on: March 09, 2024, 12:54:18 PM »
With Tuolumne's description, we now have 3 different styles/pattern for the 44 stampings.  It appears that all --- Will handle a 44Spec, Colt and Russian cartridges.

WOW!   Very interesting and wonder why.

I still want one.
Black River Smith

Offline Johnson Barr

• Berger Sharpshooters, KVC, Blue River Regulators #129, Johnson County Rangers, GAF
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS Life, NCOWS Merchant
    • J Barr Texas
  • NCOWS #: L-173
  • GAF #: 830
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #361 on: March 10, 2024, 01:46:33 PM »
4th monthly match and still no misses. Don't much care at this point how it has been stamped. 'Sweetie-pie' shoots straight on and I'm a very happy trigger squeezer.  ;D
"Peace is that glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"  -Thomas Jefferson

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 472
« Reply #362 on: March 10, 2024, 05:17:47 PM »
4th monthly match and still no misses. Don't much care at this point how it has been stamped. 'Sweetie-pie' shoots straight on and I'm a very happy trigger squeezer.  ;D

You're my Hero, Johnson Barr!!!
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Advertising

« Reply #363 on: Today at 03:37:53 PM »

Offline U.S.M.R.

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #363 on: March 11, 2024, 02:14:31 PM »
Couldn’t think of a better place to put this. Last night I watched Conagher starring Sam Elliot made in 1991. At first I thought it was an American he was carrying and shooting as it had an American barrel. Later in closeups of it his holster I saw it had the Ordinetz frame. What really surprised me is that I have one just like it too.

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
« Reply #364 on: March 12, 2024, 02:44:22 PM »
I am hooked.  Trying to arrange an 8" to go with my 5" American.  Ordered more 44 Russian brass and Cheyenne Pioneer Cartridge 44 Russian boxes from Buffalo Arms, and 246 grain 44 Russian slugs from Bear Creek.  I have some brass, dies, powder, primers, and already have 5 of the vintage 44 Russian boxes. 

In the past, I have had an original No 3 Russian, and T&E a Uberti No. 3 Russian, but didn't care for the grips.  I love the American's (and Schofields) plow handle grip, but I think better sights than the Schofields sights.  I had a terrible time with the Schofield and sighting.
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 423
« Reply #365 on: March 12, 2024, 03:07:53 PM »

".... In the past, I have had an original No 3 Russian,..."

Being as how TL brought it up  :)  Here is that very original No 3 Russian he mentioned that he passed on to me. He sent those boxes along too.
And its side kick my Uberti NM #3.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline U.S.M.R.

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #366 on: March 13, 2024, 03:05:28 PM »
I was wondering what my American would be like with a shorter barrel. I took the barrel off of my Russian and put it on my American and there you go. I like the 8” barrel much better. Not to mention it looks cool. We all know cool looking guns shoot better don’t we.

Offline Speedballalice

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #367 on: March 19, 2024, 05:32:23 PM »
So quick question to those of you that have the Cimarron American.

Do you have any play between the barrel and frame when the gun is locked closed?
I sent mine back with this problem and just got it back today with no change.

there is a couple thousandths of vertical movement. Ugh I'm so disappointed. If they are all like this I will live with it. This gun is still unfired and I'm preparing to make a call and send it back again. The only note with it was they "refit pivot screw". I wanna shoot this gun so bad but don't want it to beat itself even more loose.

Thoughts????

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
« Reply #368 on: April 27, 2024, 09:51:11 PM »
My Pair in .44 Russian/Special:

TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline mtmarfield

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1681
« Reply #369 on: May 01, 2024, 10:43:51 PM »
      Greetings, SpeedBallAlice:

My Navy Arms Schofield, when acquired new in the early '90s, had a noticeable amount of play at the pivot, but lock-up was satisfactory. I sold it when I bought my Old Model American 5" / .45C; the OM has no discernible play.

M.T.M.
             5-01-24

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com