Author Topic: USFA OMNI POTENTS  (Read 1887 times)

Offline Pangaea

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
USFA OMNI POTENTS
« on: February 26, 2021, 09:50:48 AM »
Omni's are some of my favorite USFAs.  There is a consecutive nickeled target pair on gunbroker at the moment.  My question is this, they are early numbered guns and most likely have mostly Uberti parts.  Did Uberti ever make that style of frame found on the Omnis or were the frames made by USFA with all the other parts on these early guns made by  Uberti?

Thanks,
Philip

Offline LonesomePigeon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: USFA OMNI POTENTS
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 10:22:38 PM »
Uberti made Flattop Target SAA and Flattop Target Bisley replicas. The frames on those Omni's look very similar to a Flattop Target Bisley but I don't know if they're exactly the same.

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 08:30:54 AM »
Looking at them I would say it looks like a Bisley frame, the weird part is that backstrap/triggerguard combination, so I'd probably guess the frames were made by Uberti.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:28:10 PM »

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 12:04:46 PM »
Wow, odd hard to find guns in .32-20 no less!

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2021, 05:45:10 PM »
Correct me if I am wrong, but apart from the "flat top" feature (which was also offered on the SAA), I believe that the frames used for the Bisleys & the Omnis were nothing more than the basic SAA frames with different back straps, trigger guards, hammers & triggers.  This, of course, just muddies the water as US made frames could have been used equally as well as Uberti made frames.
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2021, 06:51:51 PM »

:)  Sorry Capt. John   ;)

The Omni's were in fact based on Bisley frames.  The weird Back Strap ant Trigger guard were made to mime the 1878 Colt . . sort of.  The early Omni had a Bisley style hammer and were Poo Poo'd by SASS.  The Later Omni was revamped with a more "SAA" pattern hammer and were OK'd by SASS. 

I special ordered a pair, 38 Spl.  Super well made guns.  I could not find a way to draw and shoot them Gunfighter.  That Weird Grip Set just didn't work.  Sold them on.  Probably should have hung on to 'em.  Hind Sight.

Stay Safe out There
Oh, and I have no idea if they were Uberti sourced or USA sourced.  Wish I could have found a way to shoot 'em.

Offline jd45

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2022, 02:10:28 PM »
Hello guys & gals. It's been quite a while since I posted, & hope everyone's well.  My Omni-Potent Target appears to be an earlier model. It's basically a Colt Bisley Target, including Bisley hammer w/ the grip frame of the Colt 1878 double action. Had cone-shaped firing pin installed. Bbl is 7-1/2"; cal. is .45 Colt; all blue. It's not too comfortable to shoot, maybe cause my hands are small. I bought it before I bought my Premium grade SA, which I do better with at shooting. Be well, jd45

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com