Author Topic: Officer Down  (Read 5973 times)

Offline Paper Chaser

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Officer Down
« on: March 15, 2004, 10:34:27 PM »
Just learned of the death of one of the brave ones who put their lives on the line each day.  Let us remember this family.
http://www.sassnet.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=016124
SASS #54926
Mississippi Peacemakers,NatchezSixgunners
BOLD #H13
GAF #310; SBSS #1415; SCORRS

Offline California Lawdawg

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Officer Down
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 12:43:47 AM »
Thanks Paper Chaser for posting this on the forum. By the time I get on the computer, things have already been posted.

Lawdawg

Offline Paper Chaser

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 05:52:28 AM »
Howdy, Lawdawg, you are never too late, your just being here anytime is what's important.  Such a sad story and with his wife almost to have a baby really makes it all the more tragic and so sad.  Like I said, just burns my backside.  Take care of yourself and do be careful.  Best always.
SASS #54926
Mississippi Peacemakers,NatchezSixgunners
BOLD #H13
GAF #310; SBSS #1415; SCORRS

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:29:01 PM »

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 12:13:53 PM »
This always hurts! We are lessened by the loss of every good man who was willing to stand behind the Shield and fight for those who cannot.

Remember though, As we reform the ranks after mourning for our lost comrade there will be another brave soul to fill his place. Let that be our solace...that none of us will ever stand alone, or fall unmourned!
Warthog
Bold
Scorrs
Storm
Dark Lord of the Soot
Honorary member of the Mormon Posse
NCOWS #2250
SASS #36914
...work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody is watching..

Chase N. Crooks

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 07:11:53 AM »
Cuts Crooked,

Good reply.  You have a way with words that says it all in this fine line of work.

Offline Sagebrush Bill

• Citizen
    • Horse Ridge Pistoleros
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 11:57:23 AM »
Here is a tragic story of an officer hit by a truck while out on a freeway car stop. Officer Ryan Nagy was severely injured and has had one leg amputated and multiple pins and screws in his other leg, as well as permanent or temporary brain damage. There will be a fund raiser held for him at the Berea, Ohio fairgrounds in June.
Sagebrush Bill
http://www.cleveland.com/cuyahoga/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/cuyahoga/111407584627310.xml

Officer Injured When Truck Slams Into Police Cruiser
Accident Closes Portion Of I-71

UPDATED: 7:59 pm EDT April 11, 2005

CLEVELAND -- An accident on Interstate 71 injured two people Monday afternoon.

The accident occurred on I-71 between Bagley and Snow roads in Middleburg Heights.

NewsChannel5 reported that the accident occurred after a Middleburg Heights police officer pulled over a motorist for a traffic violation along the side of I-71. 

SLIDESHOW: I-71 Accident Injures Police Officer, Motorist

When he exited his cruiser, the officer noticed a red pickup truck drifting across several lanes of traffic.

The officer, 30-year-old Ryan Nagy, tried to get out of the way of the truck but was unable to do so. The truck slammed into the cruiser, pinning the officer between the two vehicles.

The officer and the pickup's driver were taken by helicopter to MetroHealth Medical Center.

According to the Middleburg Heights police chief, Nagy is undergoing surgery, and is in critical condition.

The accident closed the highway in both directions for part of the afternoon.

The State Highway Patrol is investigating the accident.

Sagebrush Bill
SASS Life Member #5269
Horse Ridge Pistoleros Life Member #61
BOLD #517

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2005, 09:37:16 AM »
Traffic Stops at night are always a dangerous situation. Those LightBars seem to act as a "homing" device for the Drunk Driver. I have done my fair share of diving out of the way to avoid being hit or pinned between the vehicles. This brave officer made an extreme sacrifice.  It is tragic that these types of accidents continue to occur.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com