Author Topic: Big fish  (Read 11380 times)

Offline Texas Tall

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Big fish
« on: March 05, 2006, 03:41:34 AM »
I just got a call from my youngest son who was over the moon.
He had just weighed in a 140.5KG/ around 300LB Blue Marlin he caught out of Sydney.
He's a very keen fisherman and fishes mostly out of Sydney when game fishing and also around  the upper river systems of Sydney fishing from small Kyaks and very light gear with a lot of good results.
He tags and releases almost all of his catches as he is very concerned of the damage caused by overfishing Pro's, and believes the longliners etc are realy knocking the game fish stocks around.
He thinks this fish has put them in the lead in the Sydney point score comp.

Good on ya mate, a proud Dad....................Texas Tall. ;) ;)

If you've gotta cheat ta win, you've only beaten y'self.
SASS# 47630
SA/Aust.2870
GSC 002

Offline Dakota Dan from OZ

• Top Active Citizen
  • The Legend Lives On
  • Liked:
Big fish
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 01:46:18 PM »

That's a great fish. Should have had him with Hoodoo and I last week he may have changed our result. ;D ;D ;D ;D

DD
My Pa once said "Son never take a knife to Gun Fight"  He told the truth.
SASS# 28875
SASS State Governor
SASA  Aust #2715
SASA State Discipline Chairman
RATS 239
PWDFR 146
GSC 001

Offline Judge Lead

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Big fish
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 01:51:51 PM »
Yeah, you might have caught more than those cans that give you a headache the following day !! ???  ::) ::) ;D :D
When we were younger, the days seemed to drag. As we get older, we wish they would.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:28:58 PM »

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 08:45:40 PM »
A 300# Marlin!  That's one damn big rifle!   :o  Is he big enought to shoot it?

Just kiddin'.  I love to fish too.  Been trying to get a bunch together to go Tuna fishing in the late winter but it seems a lot of people are too afraid to get far enough off shore to fish for tuna.

Tomorrow I'll fire up the old PC and get a picture of the 53# dolphin that I caught posted. ;D
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline Texas Tall

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 09:15:54 PM »
Hi Camille, yes fishing is a great hobby/pastime and glad to hear you're keen on it.
A 53LB Dolphin fish is a nice fish, I didn't think you got them up around the East coast of US,is that were you caught that one?
When I see the young bloke I'll get a photo or two of this fish and get 'em to you.
Him and his mates fish out of a 25 ft Bertram and most times about 25/30 miles off Sydney on what is called the Continental shelf where it drops off from 100 fathoms plus,if you do get down this way some time I'll see if I can get you a ride out with them, they may even get you hooked up on a good fish.
By the way the "young bloke" is 32yo and married so he's not a kid anymore,makes ya feel damn old..............hell I am gettin that way...........LOL. :D :D :D

Regards..............Texas Tall. ;) ;)
SASS# 47630
SA/Aust.2870
GSC 002

Offline Judge Lead

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 12:35:04 AM »
TT,
our kids will ALWAYS be our youngsters, no matter how old they get. I have a 34 yo and she has a couple of her own.

He caught that off Sydney !. I didn't know they came that far south. I know Cairns is a favourite for big game fishing.

Just shows how much I know, don't it. ???

Regards
When we were younger, the days seemed to drag. As we get older, we wish they would.

Offline Texas Tall

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 03:38:37 AM »
Oh yeah Judge you're right, they're always your youngsters and ya never stop worrying about 'em.
My three boys are 37....35....32 and all married and making their own way but,yeah to us they are still kids, if ya know what I mean.
Yes they get Marlin out of Sydney but the big 1000 pounders are mostly caught up around Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef area,and my son has caught some nice marlin down south at Bermagui not too far from the Victorian border.
 Say hi to Molly for me and we'll catch up soon,

Regards...................T.T. ;) ;)
SASS# 47630
SA/Aust.2870
GSC 002

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 07:55:23 AM »
Tex if you go to the NC barrier islands, The Outer Banks, and go to the southern most point which is Hatteras, you can be in the Gulf Stream is about 2 hours.  That's where you head to for the marlin, tuna and dolphins when fishing off the east coast.
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 07:32:25 PM »
Dolphin Picture!
― Clint Eastwood

Offline Texas Tall

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2006, 08:30:59 PM »
Hey Camille that's a nice bunch of dolphin Fish you guys have there, the colours of them when they are hooked and at the boat are just fantastic,we get them down around Sydney but not as big as those.
I have seen a few big game boats called "Hatteras", so that's were the builder gets the name from I always thought it was the guys name.  ??? ???
Do you and Stump do any fresh water fishing in NC, trout etc??

See ya ..............Texas Tall. ;) ;)
SASS# 47630
SA/Aust.2870
GSC 002

• Top Active Citizen
  • The Legend Lives On
  • Liked:
Big fish
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2006, 11:44:03 PM »

Nice fish Camille.

But I will have to give a 30 second spirit of the game,No cowboy/girl gear.

Hey Texas you keep this up and we will change your name to Rex Hunt   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.

DD
SASS# 28875
SASS State Governor
SASA  Aust #2715
RATS 239
PWDFR 146
GSC 001

Offline Judge Lead

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2006, 12:06:07 AM »
His dear lady might take offense to his fishy breath if he does a proper Rex. :o :o ;D :D

I can see it now .......

"'Fishin' and Huntin' with TT"

I reserve the naming rights for the TV series 8) 8) 8)

Regards

Offline Texas Tall

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 02:57:11 AM »
Hey Camille you're probably confused now but this Rex Hunt the boys are talking about, he has a fishing show on TV down here in Aussie. :D :D
The fishy breath thing is a sling off at him as he kisses each fish before he throughs 'em back, and only Judge Lead would think of something like that. ::) ::)

Spirit of the game penalty??/ Gee you're a hard man Dakota,I think Camille gets a spirit of the game award for being out there mixin it with those big fish. ::) ::)

I can just see the promos on TV for "Fishin' and huntin' with TT"  Judge.
Now I'm goin to need a manager and all!!!!. :D

See Ya....................T.T. ;) ;)
SASS# 47630
SA/Aust.2870
GSC 002

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2006, 08:58:55 AM »
Dakota that was pre cowboy days but you can still bet your hat that I had cowboy boots back at the room.  The mate gets a little pissed, in a bad kind of way, when you scuff up his deck with them hard black soles.  :D

Tex yes the colors are gorgeous when they are in the water or just freshly out of it.  It's amazing how fast they fade out.  We don't do much fishing anymore.  We're too busy shooting.  Stump's dad does live on a stocked trout river so when we get the chance we wade up and down the river and try to catch a few trout.
― Clint Eastwood

• Top Active Citizen
  • The Legend Lives On
  • Liked:
Big fish
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2006, 01:55:26 PM »

That's alright then, as long as you them boot close handy.No 30 second spirit of the game.and it looks like you were haven fun,thats what it all about.

DD
SASS# 28875
SASS State Governor
SASA  Aust #2715
RATS 239
PWDFR 146
GSC 001

Offline Wallaby Jack

• (stumpblasting) Root, Shoot, & Electrocute
  • Top Active Citizen
    • CASS Australia
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 02:18:31 PM »
I think you fisherfolk need one of the latest measuring devices........

... a piece of string with a loop tied in each end....

You use it when relating how big that fish was,
 by placing a thumb through each end BEFORE indicating just how long tha fish really is......

:o
You don't gotta be insane to do this,
but it sure helps.
http://cass-australia.com
http://sasa.qir.com.au

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2006, 05:33:54 PM »
But Wallaby that wouldn't  give me enough string to show how big my fish was.   :(
― Clint Eastwood

• Top Active Citizen
  • The Legend Lives On
  • Liked:
Big fish
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2006, 09:36:27 PM »

You know the old story.

Give them enough rope they will hang themselves.

DD
SASS# 28875
SASS State Governor
SASA  Aust #2715
RATS 239
PWDFR 146
GSC 001

Offline Texas Tall

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2006, 02:31:19 AM »
I'm the same Camille, I haven't done any serious fishing for about 10 years as work up untill 6years ago and now this great sport we're in has taken over, I just lost interest.
You should get to Stump's Dad's and have a go just to keep your hand in.
How far from your home to the coast of NC and the name of the port you'd fish out of there??

These boys are starting to give us a hard time Camille 'bout this fishin thing and the next one will be Marshal H tellin us this is a shootin site not a damn fishin forum.....LOL :D :D :D

I'm startin to get all keen again......... :-\ :-\

See ya ....................T.T. ;) ;)
SASS# 47630
SA/Aust.2870
GSC 002

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2006, 08:02:46 AM »
Tex the Outer Banks and Hatteras is about a six hour drive.  It's not that far but there's a lot of two lane highways and small towns to go through.  Then once you get to the islands things really slow down.  We can be to Wilmington NC in about 3 hours which is a good place for inshore fishing but it's a long haul to the gulf stream from there.

Hmmm people think that CAS is expensive.  Fishing as a hobby is REALLY expensive.  Does that get us back on topic?    ;D
― Clint Eastwood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com