Author Topic: Chrony shootingchrony out of business  (Read 1503 times)

Offline powderhombre

• Very Active Citizen
    • Black Powder Cartridge Rifle Reload Target Recorder
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Chrony shootingchrony out of business
« on: August 30, 2020, 10:59:23 AM »
It would appear they no longer have a website, email or working phone number. My Beta version is not working it is junk. I also see there are some reputable shooting websites that are still selling these units. DO not buy one. You will have no service should you need repairs. My computer system seems to be fine, but the electric eye sensors are not picking up anything. Bullets, pellets, arrows. Indoor light, outdoor light, diffusers on/off. natta. just a heads up. BY the way I see my unit for sale at $175.00 . that would be unfortunate.

Offline wildman1

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 169
Re: Chrony shootingchrony out of business
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 09:27:47 PM »
Ya need two things for those to work properly. Difusers and the sensors must be cleaned. I've had one for 30 years and it works fine.
wM1
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Offline powderhombre

• Very Active Citizen
    • Black Powder Cartridge Rifle Reload Target Recorder
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 07:46:10 AM »
Mine used to work. I've been messing around with it for days and have been searching the net for info. I had the sensors out and apart, everything looks good and is clean. I've used natural light, artificial light , LED lights, diffusers on, off. shot bullets, arrows rubber bands, pellets. nothing registers. I read the manual, went through the functions to turn the sensors off and on again, new battery. Just doesn't work. However they are no longer in business. BBB report has 3 major complaints where people have lost money and in one instance a guy sent his unit in and hasn't got a reply as to where it is. I would hate for anyone to purchase one of these and find out later they are out of luck.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:31:46 AM »

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 416
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 09:40:12 AM »
Thanks for the  heads up caution.....
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline wildman1

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 169
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 01:00:23 PM »
Mine used to work. I've been messing around with it for days and have been searching the net for info. I had the sensors out and apart, everything looks good and is clean. I've used natural light, artificial light , LED lights, diffusers on, off. shot bullets, arrows rubber bands, pellets. nothing registers. I read the manual, went through the functions to turn the sensors off and on again, new battery. Just doesn't work. However they are no longer in business. BBB report has 3 major complaints where people have lost money and in one instance a guy sent his unit in and hasn't got a reply as to where it is. I would hate for anyone to purchase one of these and find out later they are out of luck.
Sounds like it is not getting power.
wM1
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com