Author Topic: Zoot Shooters-Ya got to be kiddin' me!  (Read 53621 times)

Offline Nokose Fixico

• Active citizen
  • SASS #: 32152
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Zoot Shooters-Ya got to be kiddin' me!
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2012, 05:24:37 AM »
Pitspitr, I am having issues between my computer and the GAF site. I do not have outlook express on this machine my main email is web based and I milk wifi from the local McDonalds. So what to do?
Bob "Nokose" Fixico

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • 308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA
    • Grand Army of the Frontier
  • SASS #: 74523
  • NCOWS #: L187
  • GAF #: 147
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2012, 06:14:26 AM »
PM'd ya
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Offline Nokose Fixico

• Active citizen
  • SASS #: 32152
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2012, 07:00:16 AM »
Got it. sent it.
Bob "Nokose" Fixico

Advertising

« Reply #83 on: Today at 06:29:50 AM »

Offline Charles Isaac

• Grand Army of the Frontier
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2012, 12:37:19 PM »
  The unaccommodating attitudes of some CAS/SASS people displayed in this thread are making me feel kind of glad I don't shoot CAS or SASS. I'm thinking I really should just stick with the GAF and do some Zoot and NCOWS.

I would be the man who shows to shoot in bib overalls, button down shirt, blazer, flop hat, and brogans. Yes like Jed Clampett, I would have to potray a shine cooker, dealer, or driver.

I'm figuring I'm a small time cooker and driver.

I hear ya,  Nokose and Pitspitr! I'm not a city slicker like most CAS people are and not really a suit type either, so I'd just shoot as a working stiff-but a very well armed working stiff, of course.

Used to work in a sawmill 30+ years ago and common headgear in the depression era for the mill worker was the engineer hat-

Add bib overalls, a leather apron and and depression era  autoloader rifle and shotgun and a pistol and I'm good to go! You know, I really enjoy history and I've had all these old fashioned shooters hanging around all these years and this seems to be another good way to blow the cobwebs out of them!

Offline Story

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 53
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2012, 04:11:48 PM »
For the detractors, guess y'all never read about how violent things were in the West during the 1920s and 30s.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ON3_CP3mC0[/youtube]

Offline RickB

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Black Jack
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2012, 08:14:42 PM »
I find it interesting that the very people who gripe about zoot suiters sharing this board don't say a thing about the Plainsmen who post here. They aren't stuck to the dates that CAS/WAS uses. NCOWS rules say the dates we model ourselves after are from 1860 to 1900. Not sure what SASS rules say as I'm not a member of that group. Plainsmen are dated prior to 1860 and Zoot Suiters are the 1920s and 30s. I don't see a problem with any of them unless you're going to force out anyone who isn't sticking to the dates of the CAS/WAS groups then you can't gripe about either one or the other.

I like the options of all shooting groups. Once they become gamer sports though that is when I have a problem with them. They become too expensive and nothing but an arms race. I like the ones who try to keep it affordable. Guns, outfits and gear are expensive enough without having to mod the guns to go faster.
Ride Safe and Shoot Straight.
Rick.

Offline Niederlander

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2012, 09:19:12 PM »
  The unaccommodating attitudes of some CAS/SASS people displayed in this thread are making me feel kind of glad I don't shoot CAS or SASS. I'm thinking I really should just stick with the GAF and do some Zoot and NCOWS.

I hear ya,  Nokose and Pitspitr! I'm not a city slicker like most CAS people are and not really a suit type either, so I'd just shoot as a working stiff-but a very well armed working stiff, of course.

Used to work in a sawmill 30+ years ago and common headgear in the depression era for the mill worker was the engineer hat-

Add bib overalls, a leather apron and and depression era  autoloader rifle and shotgun and a pistol and I'm good to go! You know, I really enjoy history and I've had all these old fashioned shooters hanging around all these years and this seems to be another good way to blow the cobwebs out of them!
Charles, it's too bad you're not close to here, as we're very accomodating!  In fact, I'm working on a 1937 Nebraska Safety Patrol uniform now!  Should be fun!
"There go those Nebraskans, and all hell couldn't stop them!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com