Author Topic: Light .38 Derringer loads  (Read 2067 times)

Offline ZVP

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Light .38 Derringer loads
« on: February 07, 2011, 09:34:24 PM »
  My buddy loaded me up some really neat plinking rounds with the intention that I use them in my Cobra .38 derringer
 I'd been having a ball shooting .22 RF CB Caps in my little RF Davis Derringer and he'd said he could duplicate such a load in Centerfire.
 I am not sure of the powder or number of grains of it but it's a VERY light load. Couple this with the "New pure lead 96gr, RN .358" bullets and you haave a super light recoiling, low velocity .38 load! Just right for similarily playing around with the .38  Cobra Derringer.
 I tried some of these in my 4 1/2" Vaquero and got pretty good accuracy out of them! Low report and no recoil at all.
 John's only complaint with the 96 gr bullet is that it is so short that the cantalure grove dosent exhist and you have trouble crimping the case just right. It's possible to crush the case if you put too much pressure around the short bases.
 ANYhow I just wanted to assure all you other Derringer shooters out there that you CAN get light loads built up and have a heck of a lot of fun shooting your Derringer!
 *A little side-note, shooting the dreeinger a lot tends to wear-in the trigger parts and it lightens up the pull immensley!
 ZVP

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com