Author Topic: Sling and Swivels  (Read 2445 times)

Offline TIZWIN

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Sling and Swivels
« on: April 07, 2006, 10:21:51 AM »
Hello to my new pards here.  I'm considering an Uberti Henry in the very near future.  Does anyone here shoot the "military" version with the sling and swivels?  It seems to me, based only on looking at pictures, that the rear sling swivel is mounted on the part of the buttstock where a shooter would want a nice cheek weld. Doesn't seem right.  Anyone shoot with one of those, and is the rear swivel uncomfortable, or a problem in any way?

Plus I imagine the sling being set up on the side of the weapon might preclude using the 20th Century style of shooting with the "hasty sling" method as an assist.  Probably not something you'd do in a CAS event anyway.

Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sling and Swivels
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 10:30:30 AM »
The rear swivel on mine is far enough back that it doesn't touch my cheek.  Biggest problem was the sling I got was very well made from top quality leather...and was so stiff that it wouldn't hang properly.  A minor problem, but it took a while to get it broken in so I was satisfied.  I also had to punch extra holes so it would hang over my extra large manly body.

Graet rifle.  You'll enjoy itonce you learn how to use it properly.

People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com