Author Topic: Dillon 650 powder check and bulletfeeder?  (Read 1977 times)

Offline AceMckenzie

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Dillon 650 powder check and bulletfeeder?
« on: November 20, 2013, 03:30:06 PM »
Howdy everyone,

I'm new around here, and new to reloading... I have just received my new dillon 650 and I'm real excited.

Due to laws here in Australiam I'm not quite finished in the licensing process (hopefully the next few weeks) but have started purchasing all the things I'll need!

I thought I'd get the fully kitted out 650, but unless I'm wrong, I've made a small mistake.

I purchased a powder check and a mr bulletfeeder by double alpha... Which would need to go into the same station...

So, I'm wondering if anyone can advise on combination seat/crimp dies?

I figure if they are ok, I can use both the powder check and the bulletfeeder, if they are not ok, I'll need to leave one out to use the individual dies...

I'd appreciate any advise!

Happy shooting,
Ace McKenzie

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Dillon 650 powder check and bulletfeeder?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 09:39:56 PM »
Just an FYI in case you don't know, but the bullet feeder is only for jacketed ammo.  A consideration if you are shooting CAS and load a lot of lead bullets.  Any commonly available seater die from a three die pistol set is a seater/crimper die.  Dillon adds a fourth die and crimps separately.  However, RCBS, Redding, Lee and others all have dies with the seater/crimp in the same die.  You should have no problem finding one and might already have one if you are already loading in the same caliber as your new Dillon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com