Cas City > Cas City - Forum Support & Comments

Network down impacting CAScity and 1000s of other websites

<< < (4/4)

Rye Miles:
Glad you're back up. 8)

My Discover card got hacked and I cancelled it and they sent me a new one. It only got hacked for $8.99 from a NetFlix user. I don't have NetFlix. There was also an inquiry from Spotify but no charges. I do not or never have had Spotify! Watch your accounts closely the hackers will try and sneak in a small charge hoping you don't see it then BOOM, they'll hit you with a big one!

38OVI:

Someone got to my bank ATM card number and put on a charge for a zoom call, which I can't do anyway - bank cancelled the card, reversed the charges and sent me a new card, since I was never in Portland, Oregon.

River City John:

--- Quote from: Rye Miles on June 23, 2021, 07:04:30 AM ---Glad you're back up. 8)

My Discover card got hacked and I cancelled it and they sent me a new one. It only got hacked for $8.99 from a NetFlix user. I don't have NetFlix. There was also an inquiry from Spotify but no charges. I do not or never have had Spotify! Watch your accounts closely the hackers will try and sneak in a small charge hoping you don't see it then BOOM, they'll hit you with a big one!

--- End quote ---
That is typical operating procedure.
Thiefs get ahold of a bunch of credit card numbers and "test" them by attempting to make small purchases to see if the numbers are good. Then, as you said, if sale goes through they make the big purchases, likely gift cards that are good as cash.
Then they're gone.

Coffinmaker:

>:(  PLUS ONE to Major 2 . . . and RRIO   >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version