Author Topic: Reloading  (Read 2893 times)

Offline silvergoat12

• Active citizen
  • Cowboy Dreaming
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Reloading
« on: September 15, 2006, 07:25:02 PM »
Howdy out there. I really need some advice on getting started in reloading for CAS shooting. I have need done reloading before,so I'm at a lost of what equipment and everything needed. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. I shoot 38/357 pistols and rifle. Happy Trails to all. ???

Thanks
Ole Timer still Young at Heart. Still shooting pretty straight
Prayer Posse

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
Re: Reloading
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 07:37:25 PM »
Have you been to a range and seen or participated in a shoot yet?  If not go see one,  I bet you can talk to a few pards there and get an invite to come and see them reloading .

see what equipment they use,  A loading press,  powder measure, (couple of options)  you can get by with just a little or you can buy to your hearts content.

RCBS, Dillon, Lee and others all have complete kits availaible also.

but if you'll go and see what you like and how you want to do it and what it takes,  it'll save ya money in the long run,  take it from somebody who has spent a lot of extra money on reloading,  wouldn't trade for any of my stuff,  but you ask for advice.

Just find what you need and add what you want.   enjoy the experience.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 09:50:09 AM »
First get a reloading manual and read through it.  How much you're going to be shooting?  The more shooting that you will be doing the more automated that you will want the reloading process to be.  That's going to play a big part in what you need to buy.
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:13:50 PM »

Offline silvergoat12

• Active citizen
  • Cowboy Dreaming
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 12:15:09 PM »
Thanks pards for all the good advice. I shore appreciate it and will take it use what I can. Happy Trails and howdyso for now,got to get back to work.
Ole Timer still Young at Heart. Still shooting pretty straight
Prayer Posse

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com