Author Topic: #1 Remington Sporting rifle - .44-77  (Read 11486 times)

Offline Yellowhouse Sam

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: #1 Remington Sporting rifle - .44-77
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2021, 09:22:45 AM »
Contact Mike Bassett of Crosno's Gun Service about installing an improved version of the factory set trigger.  He's done all mine and it gives a lighter more reliable pull without all the creep.  And you're right the sporting rifles have vastly superior trigger pulls to millitary rifles.
SASS #25171
NRA
Retarred and Member of KMA
SBSS
"Sammy done his da**ndest, Angels could do no more" (From lyrics of Andy Wilkinson"

Offline ndnchf

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2021, 03:45:40 PM »
Good to know, thanks Sam!
"We're all travelers in this world.  From the sweet grass to the packing house, birth till death, we travel between the eternities"  Prentiss Ritter, Broken Trail

Offline ndnchf

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2021, 06:37:21 PM »
Out to the range on this gloriously nice day. I tried several grease groove and paper patch loads. With the crummy Marbles tang sight and my aging eyes, it was a challenge. But this tapered PP bullet load showed the best potential. I'll be upgrading the tang sight soon!
"We're all travelers in this world.  From the sweet grass to the packing house, birth till death, we travel between the eternities"  Prentiss Ritter, Broken Trail

Advertising

« Reply #83 on: Today at 01:08:45 PM »

Offline Ranch 13

• Top Active Citizen
    • Historic Shooting.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2021, 05:01:20 PM »
 That group is looking pretty dang good.
Eat more beef the west wasn't won on a salad.

Offline ndnchf

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2021, 06:22:44 PM »
Thanks. The tapered bullet seemed to do the best. I need more warm weather now  ;D

Offline ndnchf

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2021, 07:16:30 PM »
I finally got a decent rear sight. It's a Lee Shaver Soule mid range, with Hadley eye cup. In the next month or so I expect to have cataract surgery. After that I'll be able to see what the old rifle can do  :D

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 901
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2021, 01:14:04 PM »
ndnchf,

I've enjoyed following along on your 44-77 journey. I've always liked Rolling Blocks and have owned several.

Best of luck on the surgery. Hope you'll be able to see a gnat's whiskers at 100 yards. (smiley face goes here)

Dave

Offline ndnchf

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2021, 05:25:37 PM »
ndnchf,

I've enjoyed following along on your 44-77 journey. I've always liked Rolling Blocks and have owned several.

Best of luck on the surgery. Hope you'll be able to see a gnat's whiskers at 100 yards. (smiley face goes here)

Dave

Thanks Dave, I appreciate it. It certainly has been a journey with some twists and turns. But I'm very pleased with the end result. It is frustrating not being able to see the target or sights clearly. But from what I've been told, cataract surgery will really help.

Steve

Offline ndnchf

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2021, 01:01:30 PM »
A rainy day here, so I figured it was a good time to load some .44-77s. Not long ago I received the backordered .060" poly wads from BACO. So I loaded up 20 rounds with the 406gr bullets from an Accurate mold wrapped with Seth Cole 55W, loaded over 77.0gr of Swiss 1.5. I'm looking forward to trying them out :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com