CAS TOPICS > The Darksider's Den

We're not at the grocery store, but "Paper or Plastic"

<< < (2/8) > >>

Sedalia Dave:
My shot charge may be a little more than 1oz.

When I was using my MEC Grabber AA hulls wouldn’t crimp well. Always had a hole in the center. When I switched to using my 600jr. I got good crimps.
My 600jr is old enough that it has the metal crimp starter and final crimp die.
It will make crimps that look like factory crimps.

Coffinmaker:

>:( NO NO NO NO  :(

NONE OF THE ABOVE.  I have no capability to load plastic or paper hulls.  So I load/run/shoot ALL BRASS MAGTECH.

Is that a vote of ONE??

Mako:

--- Quote from: Coffinmaker on April 13, 2024, 06:20:02 PM --- >:( NO NO NO NO  :(

NONE OF THE ABOVE.  I have no capability to load plastic or paper hulls.  So I load/run/shoot ALL BRASS MAGTECH.

Is that a vote of ONE??

--- End quote ---

Yes that is a vote of one.

But I'm about to ROCK your world!

You, YES YOU only need one tool and it costs a mere $19.80, less than one pound of powder, 10 pounds of lead, 3 Starbucks coffees, and at current inflation probably one Bic Mac.

https://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Corp-12-Reloading-GA/dp/B0B6FW6JWS/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2MQ7DV414R87O&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.XWuSuB8kDBzCwoxK2_SalI-0y7FxLBCgnWdMz8O3SqKnrX8lE9_gzfMG0FvyxJowGI9sVBCPNu6wFsY_wf3HBwoYveSolDyt9jKsJ6_P7yKIPsHfU8XBK7O3LLW0rFU-Tg7y9U7obaTtxImYOwXbxztSEh6_e3Z8p98tesfJoErYzYdTqSIkq89SWz4799bt.Xe5ERs0FnJZmqFk0q6_VL5lqOuV8_dRAtUayFXyo-Gw&dib_tag=se&keywords=12%2Bgauge%2Broll%2Bcrimp%2Btool&qid=1713235165&sprefix=12%2Bguge%2Broll%2Bcri%2Caps%2C98&sr=8-3&th=1

You don't need anything else other than a hand drill motor or if yer high falut'n, a drill press.  You already have the means of pok'n out a primer and you can seat one the same way as you do on you brass shells.  You can roll crimp once fired star crimped shells, even better you can roll crimp trimmed shells and make them 2 1/2" equivalents. Slightly shorter and easier to load with your short temper...

That's a cheap one, I have 4 different ones including that one, it actually works.  You already buy fiber wads, cards, nitro cards, over shot cards, etc.  You just have to buy them in 12ga now instead of 11 and 10 gauge.  JOIN the 20th Century man!.  Seriously the problem I have with the brass cases is loading them into the chamber.  The roll crimped shells will spoil you...

Me:  I want to say one word to you. Just one word.
You: Yes, sir.
Me:  Are you listening?
You: Yes, I am.
Me:  Plastics.
You: Exactly how do you mean?
Me:  There's a great future in plastics. Think about it. Will you think about it?

~Mako

Advertising:

Abilene:
Let's see, was that line from The Graduate?  :)

The pics in that Amazon ad showed some white hulls, but I've seen some roll-crimped clear hulls and seeing the shot and powder through the hull is pretty cool.  Although you do need fiber wads to see the shot.

I have an antique roll crimper that I use just occasionally, works fine, so no need for 20th century stuffe.  But my method for cutting the plastic crimp off the hulls is pretty crude.

Mako:

--- Quote from: Coffinmaker on April 13, 2024, 06:20:02 PM --- >:( NO NO NO NO  :(

Is that a vote of ONE??

--- End quote ---

I added your "category", sheeeeesh...

Now go vote.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version