Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Uberti, Pietta and other SAA Clones

My new-to-me Beretta Stampede.

(1/2) > >>

Buckaroo Lou:
We had a local gun show this past weekend. It has become most unusual to find a deal at a gun show any more except on a rare occasion. It just so happened I think I found one this past weekend. Awhile back after Beretta acquired Uberti they had Uberti make a Beretta single action. It was called a Beretta Stampede. I had never actually seen much less held one until this past weekend. One of the venders there had one on his table and it was a stainless-steel model that appeared to be unfired. After handling it and talking with the vender for awhile I decided to purchase it. After I got it home, I decided to do a little research on the computer and was pleasantly surprised by what I found out. Although there are some things I would prefer were different about the revolver after handling it they are really not that bothersome. Also, I am of the opinion these are very well-made revolvers, at least the one I now have certainly is. Boy it sure has a nice trigger.

Johnson Barr:
Do every thing you can not to break it. The Beretta version is unique to Uberti standard SAA's. A very short production run. Parts are very, very hard to find. Don't treat it as a SASS Speed Wagon.   

Buckaroo Lou:

--- Quote from: Johnson Barr on January 15, 2024, 04:42:34 PM ---Do every thing you can not to break it. The Beretta version is unique to Uberti standard SAA's. A very short production run. Parts are very, very hard to find. Don't treat it as a SASS Speed Wagon.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Johnson Barr, I don't shoot competition and will take care of it. I will shoot it as I normally don't buy anything I don't intend on shooting some. I can just tell from inspection it is a very nice revolver even though it has a transfer bar which I normally don't care for. It is very smooth and has an extremely good trigger.

Advertising:

Graveyard Jack:
Curious, do these guns have "Made by Uberti" marked on them? Heard some misinformation that Uberti only made 'some' parts for Beretta.

Buckaroo Lou:

--- Quote from: Graveyard Jack on February 03, 2024, 12:45:21 PM ---Curious, do these guns have "Made by Uberti" marked on them? Heard some misinformation that Uberti only made 'some' parts for Beretta.

--- End quote ---

Yes, it is marked on the bottom of the barrel up against the ejector shroud, A Uberti - Italy

There are no proof marks showing anywhere except on the ratchet end of the cylinder and under the trigger guard.

Also, can anyone tell me what the number represents on the end of the frame located just under the hole the cylinder pin slides into?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version